Colbert: Play "Tan Theft Auto," Get Vitamin D Power-up

August 17, 2009 -
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Cheating Death - Blue M&Ms, Vitamin D & Hormones
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorMeryl Streep

Earlier this month GamePolitics reported on a study which suggested that excessive video game and T.V. time may be contributing to reduced vitamin D levels in children.

Funny man Stephen Colbert, however, may have the answer. In the clip at left, Colbert recommends using the "VaxBox 360" to play Tan Theft Auto, thus soaking in gobs of vitamin D-producing UV rays.

Okay, so it's funnier when Colbert says it...

If you want to skip ahead to the game-related bits, they begin at about 3:45 into the clip.

Via: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Colbert: Play "Tan Theft Auto," Get Vitamin D Power-up

heh Im a red head apparently that means  Im better at making vitimin D than the rest of you people HEE HEE

Re: Colbert: Play "Tan Theft Auto," Get Vitamin D Power-up

If only we were cats, then we wouldn't have this vitamin D problem.

GameSnooper

Re: Colbert: Play "Tan Theft Auto," Get Vitamin D Power-up

Sounds like a quick way to get skin cancer.

Re: Colbert: Play "Tan Theft Auto," Get Vitamin D Power-up

Having a sun lamp while you game really isn't a bad idea.

Re: Colbert: Play "Tan Theft Auto," Get Vitamin D Power-up

Again with the random button mashing. :/

Re: Colbert: Play "Tan Theft Auto," Get Vitamin D Power-up

Annoying isn't it? Just like doing it along with playing a game with sound effects from the 70s/early 80s/Atari days. Or the kid playing a Gameboy with no game in it as well. >_>

PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenGP Movie Night!08/31/2015 - 8:41pm
Big PermEveyone should be too busy with phantom pain to notice GP is down. Hail Vidya!08/31/2015 - 8:40pm
Goth_SkunkBut such a hangout *could* be a neat idea. It could be used, for example, for all us GPers to get together and watch the new FemFreq video, and then discuss amongst ourselves in real time what our thoughts are.08/31/2015 - 8:38pm