FCC Workshop on Broadband and Education Streams Into Second Life Today

August 20, 2009 -

As it did a few weeks back, the Federal Communications Commission will simulcast a live workshop into Second Life.

Today's event takes place at 1 pm Eastern and will focus on broadband and its implications for education. Betterverse has more:

The goal of this workshop is to identify potential impact of increased broadband access on education outcomes and how broadband policies can help improve those outcomes. The FCC hopes to learn about ways in which broadband can impact education at the early childhood, elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels in a cost-effective manner.

The workshop will look at current programs, such as e-rate and evaluate how such programs can be improved, for example, to take advantage of new technologies that have arisen since it was established. The workshop will also look at what applications and devices might be used to improve educational performance.

Via: New World Notes

Comments

Re: FCC Workshop on Broadband and Education Streams Into ...

Thanks for the post. It was a really great workshop and simulcast, with smart comments by the panelists and the virtual participants.  A good example of how online spaces can facilitate public engagement with government policy.

More on my follow-up post on Betterverse.org.

Poll