Video Game Arcade in Congo

September 10, 2009 -

This photo from flickr user Tomas apparently shows a makeshift arcade in the Democratic Republic of Congo. It is just one of numerous photos from Congo uploaded by Tomas.

The photo is tagged Kinshasa, so it was likely shot in the capital city, which has some 10 million inhabitants.

Source:  via boingboing

Comments

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

why is this news

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

Simple.  Because it's interesting enough to the general readership to warrant reporting.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

How did you know that?  Did you poll the general readership first?

Just sayin', not trying to be a jerk.

"De minimus non curat lex"

"De minimus non curat lex"

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

My psychic powers are vast.

But fair enough.  I should have said, "I imagine GP felt it would be interesting enough to the general readership to warrant reporting."

Andrew Eisen

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

I'm taking its a PC arcade or they have consoles hooked up to the monitors. I wonder what games they have.

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

Monitors? No dude... those are old fat TVs. Remember those?

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

Cathode ray tube? What's a cathode ray tube?

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

I'm guessing the makeshift Internet cafe's around the corner.

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

Donkey Konga?

Re: Video Game Arcade in Congo

FIFA (soccer) for PS2 at least (that's what they all were playing when the photograph was taken).

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm