PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

September 18, 2009 -

Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) President Patricia Vance used her PlayStation blog to reveal that Sony has embedded an ESRB Video Game Ratings Guide directly on its PSPgo.

The guide offers a walk through of ratings categories and descriptors, along with a tutorial for setting up parental controls on Sony’s new handheld.

Posted in

Comments

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

I think this is just a CYA (Cover your ass) move by sony.  A good one at that really.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Parents never read ratings. That's why so many kids out there can get M rated games easily.

When Jack Thompson runs his mouth, does anyone really care what he has to say anymore?

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

There's nothing wrong with kids playing M-rated games.  The fact that many parents let their kids play M-rated games does not necessarily mean that the parents aren't reading the ratings.  It may mean that most parents are clued-in enough to realise that M-rated games are harmless.

The parents we should be concerned about are not the ones who let their kids play harmless games, but those who insist that harmless games are harmful.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Too bad the sort of parents that REALLY need something like this will also need a tutorial on how to use the tutorial.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

I guess this is good for parents but I doubt they'er gonna do this for there kids.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Of course not. We'll hear how it's "Too confusing" even though all they need to do is read the goddamn manual. Of course that's al ittle much to ask in this day and age.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm