PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

September 18, 2009 -

Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) President Patricia Vance used her PlayStation blog to reveal that Sony has embedded an ESRB Video Game Ratings Guide directly on its PSPgo.

The guide offers a walk through of ratings categories and descriptors, along with a tutorial for setting up parental controls on Sony’s new handheld.

Posted in

Comments

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

I think this is just a CYA (Cover your ass) move by sony.  A good one at that really.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Parents never read ratings. That's why so many kids out there can get M rated games easily.

When Jack Thompson runs his mouth, does anyone really care what he has to say anymore?

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

There's nothing wrong with kids playing M-rated games.  The fact that many parents let their kids play M-rated games does not necessarily mean that the parents aren't reading the ratings.  It may mean that most parents are clued-in enough to realise that M-rated games are harmless.

The parents we should be concerned about are not the ones who let their kids play harmless games, but those who insist that harmless games are harmful.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Too bad the sort of parents that REALLY need something like this will also need a tutorial on how to use the tutorial.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

I guess this is good for parents but I doubt they'er gonna do this for there kids.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Of course not. We'll hear how it's "Too confusing" even though all they need to do is read the goddamn manual. Of course that's al ittle much to ask in this day and age.

Poll

Whose next half decade of superhero films are you most looking forward to?:

MechaTama31Yeah, don't see myself getting a Vita or a PSTV...10/31/2014 - 12:04am
E. Zachary KnightWatch Ultron ruin all your Disney childhood memories in this How The Ultron Teaser Should Have Ended. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra1sBRLRFtc10/30/2014 - 9:23pm
ZippyDSMleeConster:they finally made a working worth while PSP emulator.10/30/2014 - 8:10pm
quiknkoldMechatama31, you can get VC2 on the Vita and Vita TV. you have to buy it through PSN on PS3 and transfer it to vita and then playstation tv. I have it on my PS TV and it works10/30/2014 - 7:15pm
MechaTama31I loved Valkyria Chronicles. Still super cheesed off that the sequels were PSP-only... :/10/30/2014 - 6:57pm
ConsterI played Steamworld Dig on the 3DS, and it's pretty fun.10/30/2014 - 6:51pm
Matthew WilsonRECOMMENDED: OS: Windows 7 Processor: Intel Core2 Duo @ 2.8GHz (or equivalent) Memory: 3 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (or equivalent) Hard Drive: 25 GB available space10/30/2014 - 5:49pm
Matthew Wilsonhere hare the system requirements. make of ithem what you will. MINIMUM: OS: Windows Vista/Windows 7 Processor: Intel Core2 Duo @ 2.0GHz (or equivalent) Memory: 2 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (or equivalent) Hard Drive: 25 GB available spa10/30/2014 - 5:48pm
Andrew EisenStill a game I really want to play. Hope it's a solid port.10/30/2014 - 5:42pm
Matthew WilsonValkyria Chronicles pc port needs 25ggb. not bad exept this game came out in 08 on the ps3.10/30/2014 - 4:56pm
james_fudgeEZK: my sarcasm senses are tingling ;)10/30/2014 - 4:21pm
Andrew EisenIf it's any consolation, Xbox owners, Wii U owners don't get the game at all. And if we did, we'd probably never get the DLC.10/30/2014 - 4:19pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://kotaku.com/destinys-new-dlc-kinda-screws-over-xbox-players-1652294153 Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, huh.10/30/2014 - 4:12pm
E. Zachary KnightSo a vocational school in Oklahoma is being evacuated because someone found a briefcase in the bathroom. Imagine that. A briefcase ina school. That's unpossible.10/30/2014 - 3:33pm
prh99Also, Nintendo wants to watch you sleep..for Science! (*in best Cave Johnson voice) http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/10/nintendo-wants-to-watch-you-sleep-for-science/10/30/2014 - 2:47pm
prh99I got it in a Humble Bundle, it's ok but the hype is definitely over blown. Also, only being able dig in the four cardinal directions made for some irksome digging..10/30/2014 - 2:38pm
E. Zachary KnightI enjoyed it. It was very short, but rewarding and fun.10/30/2014 - 2:35pm
Andrew EisenAgainst my better judgement (game looks boring to me), I purchased Steamworld Dig. It's highly praised and it was on sale. Hopefully I'll be wrong about it and think it's as awesome as everyone else.10/30/2014 - 2:09pm
quiknkoldhttp://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/10/femme-doms-of-videogames-bayonetta-doesnt-care-if.html10/30/2014 - 1:15pm
quiknkoldIf he calls himself the Effing Robot King, I can die happy10/30/2014 - 1:14pm