PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

September 18, 2009 -

Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) President Patricia Vance used her PlayStation blog to reveal that Sony has embedded an ESRB Video Game Ratings Guide directly on its PSPgo.

The guide offers a walk through of ratings categories and descriptors, along with a tutorial for setting up parental controls on Sony’s new handheld.

Posted in

Comments

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

I think this is just a CYA (Cover your ass) move by sony.  A good one at that really.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Parents never read ratings. That's why so many kids out there can get M rated games easily.

When Jack Thompson runs his mouth, does anyone really care what he has to say anymore?

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

There's nothing wrong with kids playing M-rated games.  The fact that many parents let their kids play M-rated games does not necessarily mean that the parents aren't reading the ratings.  It may mean that most parents are clued-in enough to realise that M-rated games are harmless.

The parents we should be concerned about are not the ones who let their kids play harmless games, but those who insist that harmless games are harmful.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Too bad the sort of parents that REALLY need something like this will also need a tutorial on how to use the tutorial.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

I guess this is good for parents but I doubt they'er gonna do this for there kids.

Re: PSPgo Features ESRB Ratings Guide

Of course not. We'll hear how it's "Too confusing" even though all they need to do is read the goddamn manual. Of course that's al ittle much to ask in this day and age.

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm