Second Life is First Choice for PSU Advisors

November 10, 2009 -

Pennsylvania State University academic advisors are now required to meet students in the virtual world of Second Life.

The online campus advisors take to the community for at least two hours a week, using their avatars to interface with students and answer questions reports The Chronicle of Higher Education.

Shannon Ritter, social-networks adviser for the Penn State World Campus, indicated that the advisors are enjoying their new form of interaction, adding, “Second Life has been a completely new thing to almost all the advisers. And so at the beginning they aren’t really sure how to do anything. But we schedule training sessions and work with them on the basics.”

Comments

Re: Second Life is First Choice for PSU Advisors

LMAO this is amazing!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Second Life is First Choice for PSU Advisors

The images this conjures up are amazing, is there going to be a dress code, or is the room going to be filled with flying penises, and people in bondage gear?

Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm