Happy Veterans Day

November 11, 2009 -

Happy Veterans Day to all those who served or are serving their country!

If you haven’t yet reached out to a vet in your family or among your friends today, we may have found the perfect e-card for you to send over at someecards.com.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I will like to senda big salute to our veterans — the men and women who have kept this nation safe for over 233 years.  I have not had the privilege of serving, but my father (Army) and my wife’s father (Marine Corps)  both served in wartime, as have several of my uncles on both sides of my family.

You can read some interesting facts about the american flag

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I still can't shake the feeling Veteran's Day as being a politically incorrect holiday.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Well, it's called Remembrance Day (or Armistice Day) in Canada and most European countries.  And it's not a holiday, since everybody works.

It's pretty low-key around here.  It's more about remembering the dead than 'celebrating' war veterans.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I work for the VA (Veterans Affairs). I affect veterans every single day! (Whether thats a good thing or bad is yet to be determined)  ;p

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I come from a military family, so I called my fiance & thanked him for his service, told him to tell my father-in-law to thank him for his service, told him to tell his friend/driver/co-worker to thank him for his service, told him to tell his best friend & friends thank them for their service. & some family members I can't get ahold of b/c they are in other countries. But I love my huge military family & friends! YAY!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Happy Veterans Day

It was also my birthday. I'm like... a walking war memorial or something.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Hehe! I like that eCard.

That said, a thank you to troops past and present for protecting freedom, regardless of country.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Not onyl can I bearly handle simulated ar far but I suck at simulate life as well :P

Happy Vday !

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! Stop supporting big media and furthering the criminalization of consumers!! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm