Happy Veterans Day

November 11, 2009 -

Happy Veterans Day to all those who served or are serving their country!

If you haven’t yet reached out to a vet in your family or among your friends today, we may have found the perfect e-card for you to send over at someecards.com.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I will like to senda big salute to our veterans — the men and women who have kept this nation safe for over 233 years.  I have not had the privilege of serving, but my father (Army) and my wife’s father (Marine Corps)  both served in wartime, as have several of my uncles on both sides of my family.

You can read some interesting facts about the american flag

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I still can't shake the feeling Veteran's Day as being a politically incorrect holiday.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Well, it's called Remembrance Day (or Armistice Day) in Canada and most European countries.  And it's not a holiday, since everybody works.

It's pretty low-key around here.  It's more about remembering the dead than 'celebrating' war veterans.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I work for the VA (Veterans Affairs). I affect veterans every single day! (Whether thats a good thing or bad is yet to be determined)  ;p

Re: Happy Veterans Day

I come from a military family, so I called my fiance & thanked him for his service, told him to tell my father-in-law to thank him for his service, told him to tell his friend/driver/co-worker to thank him for his service, told him to tell his best friend & friends thank them for their service. & some family members I can't get ahold of b/c they are in other countries. But I love my huge military family & friends! YAY!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Happy Veterans Day

It was also my birthday. I'm like... a walking war memorial or something.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Hehe! I like that eCard.

That said, a thank you to troops past and present for protecting freedom, regardless of country.

Re: Happy Veterans Day

Not onyl can I bearly handle simulated ar far but I suck at simulate life as well :P

Happy Vday !

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! Stop supporting big media and furthering the criminalization of consumers!! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Poll

EA has shuttered Maxis (The Sims, SimCity). Should it keep the Maxis name alive?:

Andrew EisenPM - Yep, that's the one.03/06/2015 - 12:53am
TechnogeekBest case, it was some marketing douchebag who thought they could pander to both sides at once.03/06/2015 - 12:49am
TechnogeekAlso, this was the mistake tweet: http://i.imgur.com/4eLWNHx.jpg03/06/2015 - 12:48am
TechnogeekBecause nothing says "open, diverse gaming community" like buddying up with Breitbart.03/06/2015 - 12:47am
Papa MidnightAndrew Eisen, I believe this is the picture that you seek: http://i.imgur.com/Gdk60pa.jpg03/06/2015 - 12:30am
Papa MidnightSurely, Goth_Skunk, you say that in jest?03/06/2015 - 12:28am
prh99Craig R. Cause quite a few of them are not, they're bullies with different politics.03/06/2015 - 12:23am
MechaTama31What was the "mistake" tweet?03/06/2015 - 12:18am
MechaCrashWhatever you say, Goth.03/06/2015 - 12:02am
E. Zachary KnightGoth, they could have fooled me.03/05/2015 - 11:16pm
Goth_SkunkI don't understand. GamerGate supports an open, diverse gaming community for all as well. Google's statement is contradictory.03/05/2015 - 10:59pm
TechnogeekAnd as far as the Card thing went, I basically balanced it out personal guilt-wise by donating an amount equal to the Shadow Complex purchase price to the ACLU.03/05/2015 - 9:44pm
TechnogeekWelp, look like the Gerberghazi crowd is going to have to use Bing now. https://twitter.com/googlecloud/status/57365320825126093003/05/2015 - 9:42pm
Goth_SkunkAhh! I misinterpreted your statement about being left with almost every game in existence. I interpreted it as 'If you boycott games he's been involved with, you're boycotting almost all of them.'03/05/2015 - 9:31pm
Andrew EisenGoth - Card has been involved with only a small handful of games so if one were to boycott games for his involvement, they wouldn't be missing out on many games.03/05/2015 - 9:29pm
Goth_Skunk@Craig: Only if you're not interested in seeing it end.03/05/2015 - 9:27pm
Craig R.Instead of calling people the "anti gamergate faction", you could just call them "sane"03/05/2015 - 9:23pm
Goth_SkunkWhat do you mean 'almost every game in existence'? Card is a writer, not a game developer.03/05/2015 - 9:18pm
Andrew EisenBut I too wonder how many people who cry boycott actually follow through. I vaguely remember a few years ago a bunch of people boycotting one of the CoD games and were all found playing it on Steam.03/05/2015 - 7:53pm
Andrew EisenAn interesting quandary but not equivalent as boycotting games that Card was involved with leaves you with... well, almost every game in existence.03/05/2015 - 7:51pm