ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

November 12, 2009 -

The Entertainment Software Association Foundation recently raised $800,000 for children’s charities as a result of this year’s annual Nite to Unite event.

The happening took place on October 13 in San Francisco and featured game industry luminaries contributing to the cause by participating in auctions and a casino night. Additionally, the event honored Ubi Soft’s Chairman and CEO Yves Guillemot with the 2009 ESA Champion Award.

ESA President Michael Gallagher said of the event, “This generous giving allows the ESA Foundation to support some truly compelling charitable organizations, including Web Wise Kids, Hope Lab, ThanksUSA and the One Economy Corporation.”

To date the fund raiser has raised over $11.0 million dollars for charities. A video on the ESA website highlights some of the night’s festivities and some of the charitable organizations that will receive donations culled from the event.

Posted in

Comments

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Could they use some of the money to get a spell checker?  Night.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Who cares. The ESA are dicks supporting greedy dicks.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Think about it if that money was taxed we'd be saved alot of time and effort...

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! Stop supporting big media and furthering the criminalization of consumers!! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Yeah, but because it's charity it's tax deductable. Hence their motivation.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Oh come on. The amount of tax deduction is not even close to the number donated. A $1k donation might get $500 off from how i remember it going. Charity is charity, dont make it evil.

In war, truth is the first casualty.

In war, truth is the first casualty.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

A $5.5 million tax reduction for not even donating their own money and just getting other people to donate theirs speaks for itself I think.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Its rich peopels wank tax it into the ground and don't tax anyone who makes less than 200K a year!!

---

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpvalet about parking info01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpyour glenn beck to her republican party. you can refut all you want, but its not going to matter until femfreq comes out and disputes these claims because you are not a member of fem freq. you are a second party. I dont ask the man standing next to the01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
Wonderkarpis free gifts01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
WonderkarpListen and Believe is one of the slogans Femfreq touts on twitter. and Non profits are in danger of losing their tax exempt status by merchandising. Its a big nono. I worked at the MDA for a while and they do NOT sell merchandise. anything they do have01/31/2015 - 6:38pm