ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

November 12, 2009 -

The Entertainment Software Association Foundation recently raised $800,000 for children’s charities as a result of this year’s annual Nite to Unite event.

The happening took place on October 13 in San Francisco and featured game industry luminaries contributing to the cause by participating in auctions and a casino night. Additionally, the event honored Ubi Soft’s Chairman and CEO Yves Guillemot with the 2009 ESA Champion Award.

ESA President Michael Gallagher said of the event, “This generous giving allows the ESA Foundation to support some truly compelling charitable organizations, including Web Wise Kids, Hope Lab, ThanksUSA and the One Economy Corporation.”

To date the fund raiser has raised over $11.0 million dollars for charities. A video on the ESA website highlights some of the night’s festivities and some of the charitable organizations that will receive donations culled from the event.

Posted in

Comments

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Could they use some of the money to get a spell checker?  Night.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Who cares. The ESA are dicks supporting greedy dicks.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Think about it if that money was taxed we'd be saved alot of time and effort...

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! Stop supporting big media and furthering the criminalization of consumers!! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Yeah, but because it's charity it's tax deductable. Hence their motivation.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Oh come on. The amount of tax deduction is not even close to the number donated. A $1k donation might get $500 off from how i remember it going. Charity is charity, dont make it evil.

In war, truth is the first casualty.

In war, truth is the first casualty.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

A $5.5 million tax reduction for not even donating their own money and just getting other people to donate theirs speaks for itself I think.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: ESA's 2009 Nite to Unite Another Success

Its rich peopels wank tax it into the ground and don't tax anyone who makes less than 200K a year!!

---