Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

November 12, 2009 -

Times are a little tougher than normal in Nintendo land currently, but one hardly expects to see Mario and Luigi jacking a cab driver.

Footage on the NY Daily News website shows two men dressed as the Nintendo characters—and a third tuxedo-clad man—emerging from a cab in a gas station on Staten Island in the early morning hours of November 1. Apparently the cab driver asked the men to pay up and get out, but the men ended up roughing up the driver, stealing his money and fleeing the scene…. Mama mia!

Thanks Andrew

Posted in

Comments

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

OMG! Fox News will blame it on Nintendo! ;)

ZAR.

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

Woulda been funny if they'd nicked the taxi. *Insert Mario Kart joke here*

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

I guess their appearances on Super Smash Bros wasn't paying well?

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

No one should be shocked to learn that Mario has a dark side.  Think about it- Mario is a short, stocky Italian-American from New York who stomps his enemies to death.  He'as basically Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas.

Check out my video game humor and commentary blog, Pointless Side Quest!

Check out my video game humor and commentary blog, Pointless Side Quest! http://pointlesssidequest.blogspot.com/

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

SO, how long before we hear that Nintendo is directly responsible?

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

That 911 cal must be priceless.

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

lolwut? I remember some years ago another guy dressed like a ninja robbed a gas station and ran away on a bike. He was arrested later, but the rumor said that he carried a ninja sword.

I´m waiting Fox News´take on this.

They will look up and shout "Give ROFLCOPTERS to us"... and I´ll whisper "NO". The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): http://thelostlevel.blogspot.com/ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

james_fudgeI'll be watching the Facebook page09/01/2015 - 10:14am
james_fudgethe site maybe up right now, but we're not updating until we're at the new location.09/01/2015 - 10:13am
james_fudgehttps://www.facebook.com/gamepolitics09/01/2015 - 10:12am
Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm