Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

November 12, 2009 -

Times are a little tougher than normal in Nintendo land currently, but one hardly expects to see Mario and Luigi jacking a cab driver.

Footage on the NY Daily News website shows two men dressed as the Nintendo characters—and a third tuxedo-clad man—emerging from a cab in a gas station on Staten Island in the early morning hours of November 1. Apparently the cab driver asked the men to pay up and get out, but the men ended up roughing up the driver, stealing his money and fleeing the scene…. Mama mia!

Thanks Andrew

Posted in

Comments

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

OMG! Fox News will blame it on Nintendo! ;)

ZAR.

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

Woulda been funny if they'd nicked the taxi. *Insert Mario Kart joke here*

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

I guess their appearances on Super Smash Bros wasn't paying well?

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

No one should be shocked to learn that Mario has a dark side.  Think about it- Mario is a short, stocky Italian-American from New York who stomps his enemies to death.  He'as basically Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas.

Check out my video game humor and commentary blog, Pointless Side Quest!

Check out my video game humor and commentary blog, Pointless Side Quest! http://pointlesssidequest.blogspot.com/

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

SO, how long before we hear that Nintendo is directly responsible?

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

That 911 cal must be priceless.

Re: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

lolwut? I remember some years ago another guy dressed like a ninja robbed a gas station and ran away on a bike. He was arrested later, but the rumor said that he carried a ninja sword.

I´m waiting Fox News´take on this.

They will look up and shout "Give ROFLCOPTERS to us"... and I´ll whisper "NO". The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): http://thelostlevel.blogspot.com/ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm