Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

November 25, 2009 -

Retailer Game, Activision and Xbox Live have teamed up for a UK-based charity drive based around Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Activision will donate £1 to the War Child charity for every UK gamer playing MW2 on Xbox Live on December 5th and 6th. Additionally, Xbox Live Gold Memberships will be free that weekend in an effort to boost participation in Games for Good.

War Child benefits children affected by war.

Comments

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

a bit off topic this but I was just checking the back of the case of "jungle strike" (megadrive/genesis) and saw a screen shot of the whitehouse and rememberd that level set there the controversy of modern warfare 2 being set in america really is nothing new I dont remember any uproar with jungle strike though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpgBeuTZ-qg haha lol

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

I always used to say "Sod the mission" and missile the White House to death.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

I like the idea of what the developers are doing. Good for them. There is actually some good on this game. But will this go on the news? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

So what are you posting this comment on, if not a news story about it?

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

*Resists urge to make cynical statement about them being more interested in increasing sales and subsrciptions*

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Game for Good Uses MW2 to Benefit Kids Charity

Resistance is futile.

Hey Activision, it's not charity if you have strings attached! Way to go, profitting on WAR CHILDREN! So if the War Children don't get a big donation it's all our fault for not buying your game? You sick, demented bastards!

PHX Corp@Jessy I actually saw it on gamespot, seems that Nintendo accidently turned Samus into a Badass11/23/2014 - 9:28pm
Jessy HartAnybody else see the Samus Amiibo with 2 arm canons?11/23/2014 - 9:10pm
Andrew EisenNeo - If you're not bleeding then it's probably not you who needs to go to the doctor.11/23/2014 - 5:45pm
Wonderkarpgood. that kind of behavior is unnecessary.11/23/2014 - 5:44pm
WonderkarpGeorgina Young - Are Video Games Sexist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9LV4GuG9E11/23/2014 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleehttp://deadspin.com/starcraft-player-says-hell-rape-opponent-is-booted-f-1662346891/+Fahey11/23/2014 - 5:40pm
Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm