Get-Well Gamers Outfits 100th Facility

December 18, 2009 -

California-based charity Get-Well Gamers has reached a milestone with the addition of the 100th healthcare facility to its network.

The organization stocks children’s hospitals and treatment centers with new and used videogames and systems to provide entertainment for ailing youngsters. Facilities outfitted by Get-Well Gamers now span all 50 U.S. states.

President Ryan Sharpe stated, “We could not have reached this amazing milestone without all those who have helped us throughout the years. The doctors, the child life staff, the parents, the games industry, but most importantly, regular, everyday gamers deserve our deepest thanks.”

The organization also noted that White Wolf Publishing, a division of CCP, recently donated $10,000.

"It is difficult for anyone to be hospitalized but especially so for children,” added Rita Goshert, MS, CCLS, Manager Child’s Life Department, Miller Children’s Hospital at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. “Play is the work of children. By donating a video game system to hospitalized children, you are helping to support their normal growth and development during a very traumatic time.“

Comments

Re: Get-Well Gamers Outfits 100th Facility

Thank you Get Well Gamers! :)

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Get-Well Gamers Outfits 100th Facility

Congrats to Get Well Gamers :)

Re: Get-Well Gamers Outfits 100th Facility

This is clearly part of a devious plan to turn sick children into mindless killers!  Between this and Child's Play, it's no longer safe to go to hospitals!  Won't somebody think of the children!

Re: Get-Well Gamers Outfits 100th Facility

*Adjusts sarcasm emiter* It wasn't turned up high enough, I almost mistook you for a JT clone. J/K

But seriously, this sounds like a good charity. Hell when your a kid even visiting someone in the hospital is a long,dull, and quite possibly a traumatizing experience. Being stuck in a hospital bed is even worse.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Re: Get-Well Gamers Outfits 100th Facility

I know the feeling, just this year my father was in the hospital at the VA for more than 6 months. Having at least 5 tubes stuck down his throat is not something for a young adult to see or anyone. Neither is hearing him scream & cry b/c of the pain. Longest i have been in a hospital room w/him was 8 hours straight. It sucks too. Don't ever go through something like that or hope not to. You are right it is dull & especially if someone is on the brink of death......it is depressing.

Being stuck in a hospital bed is even worse.

I remember my father was in the hospital bed & he said he wanted to go home all the time. & then b/c of the medicine the docs had him on, he would talk about seeing angels around his bed & seeing a light. & seeing a bird eat a cookie on the power line. Im not joking either. lol. Plus they had him on Oxycotton or something like that.....& that's some pretty good stuff from what I'm told.

Poll