Colorado Trying to Get Creative With Jobs

January 7, 2010 -

Colorado is looking to create more jobs in the "creative industries" of the state, and one bill being proposed could have an impact on video game productions.

A bill unveiled on Tuesday would make it easier for producers to earn tax credits for filming in the state by removing the requirement that 75 percent of the film's non-payroll budget be spent in Colorado, according to an article in the Denver Daily News

The bill also would "clarify that incentives may be used for commercial and video game productions as well." The state has a $300,000 incentive fund for the film industry, which could be used for jobs in the games industry.

The creative sector is the fifth largest industry in Colorado, and a state panel had been examining ways to expand it.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Colorado Trying to Get Creative With Jobs

Can a state get rid of the FCC without leaving the union ? cause to boost creativity you need freedom of thought and a secular place

Re: Colorado Trying to Get Creative With Jobs

Huh???

What does the FCC have to do with tax incentives to attract businesses to a state?

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Colorado Trying to Get Creative With Jobs

just ignore what i said, was bit baked

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm