Take-Two Board Shake Up at Behest of Icahn

January 21, 2010 -

Investor Carl Icahn, who now owns over 11.0 percent of Take-Two, has triggered a shakeup of the publisher’s board.

Directors Ben Feder, Grover Brown and John Levy will not stand for re-election to the board, though Feder will retain his position as CEO reports GamesIndustry.biz. Icahn has nominated a trio of new personnel to ascend to the board—SungHwan Cho, Brett Icahn (Carl’s son) and James Nelson.

Icahn has agreed to back Take-Two’s five nominees for the board. Additionally, if his three nominees are elected and his ownership in the publisher drops below 5.0 percent, the” Icahn three” will resign their positions.

Analyst Michael Pachter called the board reshuffling a good move:

It is healthy to have an all-outside board of directors. Replacing the others with three selected by Icahn should provide a level of healthy scepticism about business as usual, and should serve to help the company make better decisions.

Comments

Re: Take-Two Board Shake Up at Behest of Icahn

CEOs should get more than 10X the lowest paid woker of the company...er..wait more like 5X......

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! CP/IP laws should not effect the daily life of common people! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Re: Take-Two Board Shake Up at Behest of Icahn

I think they arew already getting paid more that 10x the lowest paid worker.

Considering the lowest paid employee is probably a part time janitorial worker making 30K a year, that would mean the lowest paycheck for a CEO would have to be in the 300K range. Most 7 figure CEO paychecks fit that criteria.

Unless you meant to say "no more than" then they do not fit.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

james_fudgeThere aren't many left in America08/21/2014 - 1:50am
MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am