Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

February 22, 2010 -

The Singapore-MIT Game Lab has planned a benefit for Haiti earthquake victims that involves epic lengths of game play.

The Complete Game Completion Marathon 2010 will see a group of teams attempt to complete a wide variety of games. The event takes place this weekend, February 26-28 in the Gambit Game Lab on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts and will be broadcast live on Ustream.

Donations are being accepted via the Complete Game Completion Marathon 2010 website and will benefit Partners in Health, a group that brings modern medical care to poor communities and which has been active in Haiti for over 20 years.

A full list of teams, with the games they will play and the estimated time of completion, follows:

• The Stickhandlers—NHL 10 full season—25 hours
  • Fire Hose for Haiti—Final Fantasy, Mega Man 9 and Mario Kart—35 hours
  • Being Bad for Good—Mass Effect 1 and 2—25 hours
  • A Song for the World—Hatsune Miku: Project Diva—30 hours
  • The Panzerfaustian Bargain—Left 4 Dead—8 hours
  • Team Funwolf—Shadow of the Colossus—8 hours
  • Team Funwolf: Lonewolf—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time—15 hours
  • Clara Fernandez Vara—The Curse of Monkey Island—15 hours
  • Team Medkit—Doom 1 and 2—15 hours
  • Team Friendless—Phantom Hourglass—18 hours
  • Consoles Are So Last Millennium—every game on Marleigh Norton’s iPhone—13.5 hours

The Singapore-MIT Game Lab is a partnership between MIT and the government of Singapore designed to explore new directions in the development of videogames.

Comments

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

This is an awesome cause. If I could I would get some female gamers around and play Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare for this cause.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

Always good to hear about something like this. And if I could, Team Fire hose for me.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

Second link is broken.  It reads http://%20http//cgcmarathon.org

Re: Complete Game Marathon to Benefit Haiti

I wish I'd known about this--and if I'd joined Funwolf I would've gotten off pretty easy too

www.gameslaw.net

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

Big PermI actually need to look into a new headset. I have those green razer krakens and I would not suggest them. Though maybe they're better for people without glasses08/28/2015 - 11:32am
Big PermI've never heard if Apple was dominant in Japan.08/28/2015 - 11:25am
E. Zachary KnightBeats by Dre? If music videos are anything to go by, they are the only headphones in existence.08/28/2015 - 11:21am
Big PermI wonder what kind of headphones she has08/28/2015 - 11:13am
Andrew EisenMy favorite fighter character/costume of late is Lucky Chloe from Tekken 7.08/28/2015 - 10:59am
Big PermYou might be right, Zippy08/28/2015 - 9:21am
ZippyDSMleeBig Perm: Naw best ever goes to kill la kill!08/28/2015 - 9:14am
Big PermHer costume is amazing. It may be the best costume ever08/28/2015 - 8:30am
E. Zachary KnightLike I said, she looks like a fun character to play, but her costume is really obnoxious.08/28/2015 - 8:29am
MattsworknameMika was always about being a show off and using her but to crush her foes, even back in the alpha days. They just took that and maxed it to the extreme, and I LOVE IT!!!!!08/28/2015 - 5:36am
IvresseJust saw R Mika trailer myself. I do like the inclusion of Vega as the punching bag, especially with that Stone Cold Stunner knocking his mask off....but that ultra move with his face between 4 buttcheeks...class! :-)08/28/2015 - 5:20am
MattsworknameOk, finally got a chance to look at the R mika trailer for SF 5, and I Heart her so bloody much. She just looks like pure fun to play as and is SO colorful. All the YES!08/28/2015 - 3:23am
PHX Corphttp://www.gamnesia.com/news/sony-is-disabling-users-from-archiving-their-ps4-livestreams-of-until-dawn Sony is Disabling Users from Archiving Their PS4 Livestreams of Until Dawn08/27/2015 - 8:47pm
MattsworknameAndrew: SOrry I didnt get back, i went to bed before I saw your post. The Producer is listed as Arbitor36508/27/2015 - 6:06pm
Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm