Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

February 23, 2010 -

The Quantic Dream-developed PlayStation 3 title Heavy Rain, which releases stateside today, will not see the light of day in the United Arab Emirates.

The Khaleej Times reports that the UAE’s National Media Council, in what sounds like a late reaction, stopped the release of the game. The paper speculated that a scene from the game in which a character is forced to perform a topless dance at gunpoint was most likely among the reasons for the game’s ban.

A Sony PR rep confirmed the game’s ban, noting that Heavy Rain “has been conceived from the earliest stages as a genuinely adult experience. This means that it deals with strong content including blood and nudity, but treats this content in amature and sensitive manner.”

Problem solving UAE residents that wish to play the game will probably not have too hard of a time finding the title according to one gamer, who said, “There’s a flourishing gray market out there and the title will be available there, if it already isn’t.”

Thanks Andrew and Gellymatos!

Comments

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

I wouldn't risk 10 lashes to buy it on the gray market.

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

Conservative Muslims and violent fiction never really were meant to be :(

Never underestimate the power of idiots in large amounts.

Never underestimate the power of idiots in large amounts.

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

Mmmm I am thinking a middle eastern zomibe....mmm yyeessssss.....

Until lobbying is a hanging offense I choose anarchy! CP/IP laws should not effect the daily life of common people! http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/

---

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

You must be gods punishment to your mum for having an abortion sometime in her life.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

<Bleep> 'em!

Someone buy me a PS3, I wanna play it!

Ok, so it doesn't look perfect, it still has an interesting premise.

Nightwng2000

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 NW2K Software http://www.facebook.com/nightwing2000 Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as http://groups.myspace.com/pfenl

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

No surprise here. They just hate when can´t kill enough americans on their games [hyperbole/sarcasm]

They just hate american products on their country.

------------------------------------------------------------ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

It's the United Arab Emirates, not Iran. The UAE is one of the most pro-western Muslim nations in the world.

This is a signature virus. Please copy and paste into your signature to help it propagate.

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

Quantic Dream is French. Sony is a multinational company with its HQ in Japan.

A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body. Benjamin Franklin

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

Yep, that's why the ban EVERY american game when it's released. Fool.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

It´s too easy to upset you... just wait some more time and they will declare western games illegal.

Re: Forecast Calls for No Heavy Rain in UAE

If we wait for "some time" the sun will go nova too.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpvalet about parking info01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpyour glenn beck to her republican party. you can refut all you want, but its not going to matter until femfreq comes out and disputes these claims because you are not a member of fem freq. you are a second party. I dont ask the man standing next to the01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
Wonderkarpis free gifts01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
WonderkarpListen and Believe is one of the slogans Femfreq touts on twitter. and Non profits are in danger of losing their tax exempt status by merchandising. Its a big nono. I worked at the MDA for a while and they do NOT sell merchandise. anything they do have01/31/2015 - 6:38pm