Texas School Grants Back Wii-Based Initiatives

March 30, 2010 -

The Lindale Independent School District Education Foundation of Lindale, Texas has awarded grants to 23 teachers that will fund classroom projects, including two based around Nintendo’s Wii console.

The Early Childhood Center was one recipient; with teachers Cookie Hartley and June Wright (pictured) receiving $1,021.40 in order to fund their project called Wii Can Do It! The project utilizes Wii games as “therapy and instructional tools” for preschool students afflicted with disabilities. Use of the Wii will promote a way to “address educational goals and objectives in the areas of communication and academics” in the youngsters.

All told, the Foundation gave out $13,802.36 in grants to fund six projects.

LISD Education Foundation President John Driver added, “The enthusiasm of the donors who went with us and the teachers who received grants made for a very exciting morning.”

Comments

Re: Texas School Grants Back Wii-Based Initiatives

A bit of advice first...ASK THE KIDS WHAT THEY WANT FIRST AND BUY THE GAMES ON THEIR LIST!

I see a real breakdown in comminication with this if the school only buys educational games for the kids only to find that the kids might want to play something like Mario Kart Wii, or Super Smash Bros Brawl instead...

TBoneTony

Re: Texas School Grants Back Wii-Based Initiatives

Yeah, how dare a school buy educational stuff for their students.

---

You KILL Vampires. You don't DATE them.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Texas School Grants Back Wii-Based Initiatives

"An additional $1,121.30 went to Cynthia Peters and Bobbie Williams of the Lindale Primary School for their project entitled Wii Fit, Wii Moving and Wii Happy. This program lets students “experience technology in a fun and creative way,” as they learn teamwork and build self-esteem, along with improving their “hand-eye coordination, balance, range of motion, gross motor skills, body awareness, and rhythm.”

Translation: They are going to buy a couple of Wiis and some multiplayer games.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Texas School Grants Back Wii-Based Initiatives

Thats the way I read it, but mostly it will be shovelwhere that the kids may not want to play, and then it will be all blown up in their faces when they realize they brought allot of games without asking the kids at their school what sort of games did they want first.

TBoneTony

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm