Farmville Playing Bulgarian Pol Put Out to Pasture

March 31, 2010 -

Playing Farmville on your own time, some might say, is bad enough, but playing it on the job, especially if you are a politician, is a definite no-no.

Councilor Dimitar Kerin, a member of the City Council for the region of Plovdiv, Bulgaria’s second-largest city, was dismissed from his position after repeated warnings about playing the Facebook application during meetings. Several councilors were first caught playing Farmville early in March, during debates for the city’s 2010 budget, reports Novinite.com.

Fellow committee member Todor Hristov suggested that Kerin be removed from his seat as he “needs more time for his virtual farm.” A vote to remove Kerin was taken up, and passed by a slim 20-19 vote. Kerin then complained that he was not the only council member playing Farmville and noted that he was only a Level 40 farmer, while a fellow councilman had reached Level 46.

Making matters even worse, all 51 councilors were given brand-new laptops purchased with city funds and the entire city hall building had recently undergone a renovation, which included adding wireless Internet throughout the building.

Comments

Re: Farmville Playing Bulgarian Pol Put Out to Pasture

lmao, strange how they can just vote people out of their seat like that.

Pwnage of Empires