More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

April 1, 2010 -

Moral Kombat, the documentary by Spencer Halpin that examines the subject of violence in videogames, has been picked up by a variety of new digital distribution services.

The documentary is now, or will soon be, available for purchase or rent on Amazon’s OnDemand service, iTunes, Hulu, Xbox Live, Netflix and the PlayStation Network. As mentioned earlier this year, the film is also still available for free viewing on Babelgum.

Halpin on the additional distribution options:

It's taken a while to see Moral Kombat distributed the way that I had always hoped, but it's been more than worth the wait. Technology has advanced significantly since the film's inception – and it's interesting to note that it was also the very first feature-length high-definition documentary shot. So it being available for people to watch in so many settings, from viewers experiencing it through a game console, iPhone or laptop… it's just very rewarding as a filmmaker to have your work that readily consumable.

The documentary features a wide assortment of game industry luminaries, pundits and critics weighing in on the topic of violence in games, including Lorne Lanning, Dean Takahashi, American McGee, Doug Lowenstein, Jason Della Rocca, Jack Thompson, Hal Halpin and Henry Jenkins.

Disclosure: Spencer Halpin is the brother of Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) President Hal Halpin’s. GamePolitics is a publication of the ECA.

Comments

Re: More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

Yeah saw it a few months ago, unless this is a revised version that isn't as slanted towards giving the anti-game crowd a platform to shill their opinions without any sort of counterpoints for their lies and misinformation or some sort of discussion about Dean Takahashi's story I'm not interested in watching it again.

Re: More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

I have this in my Netflix Watch Instantly queue. Now that I finally got my Wii disk, I will be watching it this weekend.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

Watched it IIRC earlier this year or late last year when that site allowed you to watch it for a few days. About time they released it haha I have been waiting for that film for years.

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm