More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

April 1, 2010 -

Moral Kombat, the documentary by Spencer Halpin that examines the subject of violence in videogames, has been picked up by a variety of new digital distribution services.

The documentary is now, or will soon be, available for purchase or rent on Amazon’s OnDemand service, iTunes, Hulu, Xbox Live, Netflix and the PlayStation Network. As mentioned earlier this year, the film is also still available for free viewing on Babelgum.

Halpin on the additional distribution options:

It's taken a while to see Moral Kombat distributed the way that I had always hoped, but it's been more than worth the wait. Technology has advanced significantly since the film's inception – and it's interesting to note that it was also the very first feature-length high-definition documentary shot. So it being available for people to watch in so many settings, from viewers experiencing it through a game console, iPhone or laptop… it's just very rewarding as a filmmaker to have your work that readily consumable.

The documentary features a wide assortment of game industry luminaries, pundits and critics weighing in on the topic of violence in games, including Lorne Lanning, Dean Takahashi, American McGee, Doug Lowenstein, Jason Della Rocca, Jack Thompson, Hal Halpin and Henry Jenkins.

Disclosure: Spencer Halpin is the brother of Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) President Hal Halpin’s. GamePolitics is a publication of the ECA.

Comments

Re: More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

Yeah saw it a few months ago, unless this is a revised version that isn't as slanted towards giving the anti-game crowd a platform to shill their opinions without any sort of counterpoints for their lies and misinformation or some sort of discussion about Dean Takahashi's story I'm not interested in watching it again.

Re: More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

I have this in my Netflix Watch Instantly queue. Now that I finally got my Wii disk, I will be watching it this weekend.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: More Ways to Watch Moral Kombat

Watched it IIRC earlier this year or late last year when that site allowed you to watch it for a few days. About time they released it haha I have been waiting for that film for years.

Poll

Which group is more ethically challenged?:

InfophileI know the ZE series was in the red in Japan, but international series boosted it to profitability. That may not mean it's more profitable in the west, but it does mean ZE3 wouldn't exist without the western market.07/04/2015 - 7:54am
Consterwhy aren't "Video game players" an option on the poll? :P07/04/2015 - 5:19am
Andrew EisenThat was quick! Pretty accurate cosplay of the new Ghostbuster uniform and proton pack: https://twitter.com/mirabellemusing/status/61673135125394227207/03/2015 - 6:23pm
Matthew Wilson@mast I dont know, but I do know it got a cult fallowing here.07/03/2015 - 6:22pm
MastermuneWasn't the Zero Escape series more popular here than in Japan?07/03/2015 - 6:19pm
Matthew Wilson@mast given the game was revealed in the US, I wouldnt be shocked if it was released at the same time.07/03/2015 - 6:15pm
MastermuneI don't trust the big AAA worldwide simultaneous releases though.07/03/2015 - 5:57pm
Mastermune@Infophile I have come to the conclusion that smaller games like zero escape, JRPG's and the like are actually worth preordering sinc they are limited quantities and since they usually release in japan first we know if there are any issues.07/03/2015 - 5:56pm
Infophile@Matthew! Awesome news. I'd preorder on that shout alone if I didn't have a policy against preordering anymore.07/03/2015 - 5:16pm
Matthew Wilsonzero escape 3 was announced today.07/03/2015 - 4:21pm
Matthew Wilson@pnx I am guessing a ddoss since that is what happened to neogaf, but sony needs to do a investment in psn as a whole. steam is still the most reliable and fastest digital platform I use.07/03/2015 - 3:06pm
PHX Corphttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/ not again: PSN is down, Sony investigating07/03/2015 - 3:04pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/digital-extremes-trespasser-keystone-pc/ if true, this is funny and embarrassing for Digital Extremes. companies need too have better security.07/03/2015 - 2:57pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-destiny-the-hardcore-gamers-slot-machine/2300-6425852/ this is very good, and well researched.07/03/2015 - 12:41pm
InfophileOther features to become standard: The ability to remap controls however the hell I want. Quicksave at any time (especially for handheld and mobile games). Plus everything Andrew said07/03/2015 - 10:43am
InfophileRegion-freeing becomes tricky for games with a strong online component though, especially when the servers are run by different branches in different regions.07/03/2015 - 10:41am
InfophileI'm in favor of getting rid of region-locking for any purchased games. I can understand an exception for free, ad-supported games, as many ads are only relevant in certain regions, and it's a ridiculous hassle to get ads for all regions.07/03/2015 - 10:40am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/payday-2-has-been-broken-on-xbox-one-for-three-weeks-1715384186 Payday 2 Has Been Broken On Xbox One For Three Weeks07/03/2015 - 8:44am
Matthew Wilsonhttps://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/ here is a more complete acount of whats going on.07/03/2015 - 1:32am
Matthew Wilsonredit is on fire right now. most subreddits have been set to private.07/03/2015 - 1:24am