Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

April 8, 2010 -

The tide of youthful anarchy will no longer besmirch and shame the UK.

A wonderful lampoon video released as part of Namco’s media blitz for the upcoming Dead to Rights: Retribution.

Good dog.

Via BrandflakesforBreakfast

Comments

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

That was funny. There should be more dogs on leashes that get away from their owners to attack the politicians against video games.

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

I think you have to be in the UK to get the joke to be honest. It's satire, and I'd say it's more aimed at the hippocrisy of Government in general than the anti-game stance in particular, it just uses the Video Game argument as an example of how our Government doesn't seem to have a clue what constitutes a priority.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Since certain people in the UK, like Mr. Vaz (or that ugly blonde guy whom I don't recall his name) like to play by the Thompson playbook- this video could be interpreted (if you're crazy) as a threat of violence.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Now if this was only true.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Good dog. Now, roll over.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Although I must say that I think it would've been more apt if they used a bald chubby asian man as the MP complaining about violence in computer games.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

The UK has plenty of problems with dangerous dogs (many of which are owned illegally by youths), so I fail to see the supposed irony here.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Love the commercial, but isn't this going to piss off MP's in the UK who don't have a sense of humor?

You mean all of them?

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Haha, yeah guys! The proper response to people who think that video games make us violent is TOTALLY to make a video depicting violence against critics as comedy!

And then we can all go "YEAH! HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED FOR THINKING THAT WE'RE VIOLENT!"

That'll show them that we're not desensitized to violence!

Right?

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Wow, funny. Ha. A vicious dog attack. That's some sophisticated comedy right there.

Maybe I'm getting old but to me, that was just stupid and offensive.

Re: Violent Game Targeting MP Gets His

Lol, good dog, indeed. They smell evil.

------------------------------------------------------------ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

Poll

Which group is more ethically challenged?:

InfophileI know the ZE series was in the red in Japan, but international series boosted it to profitability. That may not mean it's more profitable in the west, but it does mean ZE3 wouldn't exist without the western market.07/04/2015 - 7:54am
Consterwhy aren't "Video game players" an option on the poll? :P07/04/2015 - 5:19am
Andrew EisenThat was quick! Pretty accurate cosplay of the new Ghostbuster uniform and proton pack: https://twitter.com/mirabellemusing/status/61673135125394227207/03/2015 - 6:23pm
Matthew Wilson@mast I dont know, but I do know it got a cult fallowing here.07/03/2015 - 6:22pm
MastermuneWasn't the Zero Escape series more popular here than in Japan?07/03/2015 - 6:19pm
Matthew Wilson@mast given the game was revealed in the US, I wouldnt be shocked if it was released at the same time.07/03/2015 - 6:15pm
MastermuneI don't trust the big AAA worldwide simultaneous releases though.07/03/2015 - 5:57pm
Mastermune@Infophile I have come to the conclusion that smaller games like zero escape, JRPG's and the like are actually worth preordering sinc they are limited quantities and since they usually release in japan first we know if there are any issues.07/03/2015 - 5:56pm
Infophile@Matthew! Awesome news. I'd preorder on that shout alone if I didn't have a policy against preordering anymore.07/03/2015 - 5:16pm
Matthew Wilsonzero escape 3 was announced today.07/03/2015 - 4:21pm
Matthew Wilson@pnx I am guessing a ddoss since that is what happened to neogaf, but sony needs to do a investment in psn as a whole. steam is still the most reliable and fastest digital platform I use.07/03/2015 - 3:06pm
PHX Corphttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/ not again: PSN is down, Sony investigating07/03/2015 - 3:04pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/digital-extremes-trespasser-keystone-pc/ if true, this is funny and embarrassing for Digital Extremes. companies need too have better security.07/03/2015 - 2:57pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-destiny-the-hardcore-gamers-slot-machine/2300-6425852/ this is very good, and well researched.07/03/2015 - 12:41pm
InfophileOther features to become standard: The ability to remap controls however the hell I want. Quicksave at any time (especially for handheld and mobile games). Plus everything Andrew said07/03/2015 - 10:43am
InfophileRegion-freeing becomes tricky for games with a strong online component though, especially when the servers are run by different branches in different regions.07/03/2015 - 10:41am
InfophileI'm in favor of getting rid of region-locking for any purchased games. I can understand an exception for free, ad-supported games, as many ads are only relevant in certain regions, and it's a ridiculous hassle to get ads for all regions.07/03/2015 - 10:40am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/payday-2-has-been-broken-on-xbox-one-for-three-weeks-1715384186 Payday 2 Has Been Broken On Xbox One For Three Weeks07/03/2015 - 8:44am
Matthew Wilsonhttps://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/ here is a more complete acount of whats going on.07/03/2015 - 1:32am
Matthew Wilsonredit is on fire right now. most subreddits have been set to private.07/03/2015 - 1:24am