GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

April 15, 2010 -

A pro R18+ petition sponsored by retailer GAME has garnered the signatures of over 72,000 Australians.

The company plans to present some of it findings to a Standing Committee of Attorneys-General meeting on May 7 reports GameSpot, though it’s unclear if the issue of R18+ will even be on the agenda of that gathering. GAME also plans to present the petition to Federal Home Affairs Minister Brendon O'Connor.

The petition, also sponsored by Everyone Plays, achieved the large number of supporters in only six weeks, and is on track to become the largest petition in Australian history, surpassing a 2005 petition for Work Choices that received 85,189 signatures.

A similar petition sponsored by EB Games and Grow Up Australia totaled over 46,000 signatures.

Thanks Ryan!

Comments

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

Well i guess Atkinson was wrong. Hopefully this passes. i have some friends who got busted importing l4d2 and luckily they only got 2 days in jail for it.

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

"i have some friends who got busted importing l4d2 and luckily they only got 2 days in jail for it."

I think the adverb you meant to use was "stupidly".

Saying that Jack Thompson is impotent is an insult to impotent men everywhere. They've got a whole assortment of drugs that can cure their condition; Jack, however...

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

......... 2 days in jail for importaing a fucking video game!?!? SERIOUSLY!?!?!

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

"and is on track to become the largest petition in Australian history,"

So what was that about no one caring about R18 Mr. Atkinson?

----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------- Debates are like merry go rounds. Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it's over they have the same positions they started in.

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

I think he just said that hoping those who are for it would give up and stop trying.

Re: GAME-Backed Petition for R18+ Draws Huge Response

Well, considering there's an AG who will hopefully listen now, this is good news.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am