Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

May 3, 2010 -

The Florida House has passed SB 1752, the companion bill to HB 697 (which previously passed early last month), okaying legislation that would provide $242.0 million in tax incentives to film, television and digital media productions within the state over the next five years.

The measure passed the House 115-0 and is now just a pen stroke away from becoming law, which appears to be a mere formality, as Florida Governor Charlie Crist praised the bill, stating, “I applaud the Florida Legislature for supporting a bill that provides high-wage jobs for Floridians and aids in the diversification of Florida’s economy.”

Digital media producers within the state would be eligible for tax breaks of 20.0 percent. It’s expected that the legislation could induce up to $1.2 billion in direct spending within the Sunshine State.

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) was also pleased with the bill. President and CEO Michael Gallagher said, “These incentives will help keep Florida competitive in the digital media marketplace, attracting and providing 21st Century jobs in our growing industry and boosting the state’s economy.”

It’s anticipated that applications for the new incentives will begin being accepted on June 7.

Comments

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Okay, I'm sorry but it happened more than once so now I have to ask, is ".0" really necessary?
---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

---

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Necessary? No. Does it hurt anything? no. Your point?

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Does it hurt anything? Other than to diminish the chances anyone would think that the articles presented here are well-written, I guess not.

Poll

Which group is more ethically challenged?:

InfophileI know the ZE series was in the red in Japan, but international series boosted it to profitability. That may not mean it's more profitable in the west, but it does mean ZE3 wouldn't exist without the western market.07/04/2015 - 7:54am
Consterwhy aren't "Video game players" an option on the poll? :P07/04/2015 - 5:19am
Andrew EisenThat was quick! Pretty accurate cosplay of the new Ghostbuster uniform and proton pack: https://twitter.com/mirabellemusing/status/61673135125394227207/03/2015 - 6:23pm
Matthew Wilson@mast I dont know, but I do know it got a cult fallowing here.07/03/2015 - 6:22pm
MastermuneWasn't the Zero Escape series more popular here than in Japan?07/03/2015 - 6:19pm
Matthew Wilson@mast given the game was revealed in the US, I wouldnt be shocked if it was released at the same time.07/03/2015 - 6:15pm
MastermuneI don't trust the big AAA worldwide simultaneous releases though.07/03/2015 - 5:57pm
Mastermune@Infophile I have come to the conclusion that smaller games like zero escape, JRPG's and the like are actually worth preordering sinc they are limited quantities and since they usually release in japan first we know if there are any issues.07/03/2015 - 5:56pm
Infophile@Matthew! Awesome news. I'd preorder on that shout alone if I didn't have a policy against preordering anymore.07/03/2015 - 5:16pm
Matthew Wilsonzero escape 3 was announced today.07/03/2015 - 4:21pm
Matthew Wilson@pnx I am guessing a ddoss since that is what happened to neogaf, but sony needs to do a investment in psn as a whole. steam is still the most reliable and fastest digital platform I use.07/03/2015 - 3:06pm
PHX Corphttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/ not again: PSN is down, Sony investigating07/03/2015 - 3:04pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/digital-extremes-trespasser-keystone-pc/ if true, this is funny and embarrassing for Digital Extremes. companies need too have better security.07/03/2015 - 2:57pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-point-destiny-the-hardcore-gamers-slot-machine/2300-6425852/ this is very good, and well researched.07/03/2015 - 12:41pm
InfophileOther features to become standard: The ability to remap controls however the hell I want. Quicksave at any time (especially for handheld and mobile games). Plus everything Andrew said07/03/2015 - 10:43am
InfophileRegion-freeing becomes tricky for games with a strong online component though, especially when the servers are run by different branches in different regions.07/03/2015 - 10:41am
InfophileI'm in favor of getting rid of region-locking for any purchased games. I can understand an exception for free, ad-supported games, as many ads are only relevant in certain regions, and it's a ridiculous hassle to get ads for all regions.07/03/2015 - 10:40am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/payday-2-has-been-broken-on-xbox-one-for-three-weeks-1715384186 Payday 2 Has Been Broken On Xbox One For Three Weeks07/03/2015 - 8:44am
Matthew Wilsonhttps://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/3bxduw/why_was_riama_along_with_a_number_of_other_large/ here is a more complete acount of whats going on.07/03/2015 - 1:32am
Matthew Wilsonredit is on fire right now. most subreddits have been set to private.07/03/2015 - 1:24am