Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

May 3, 2010 -

The Florida House has passed SB 1752, the companion bill to HB 697 (which previously passed early last month), okaying legislation that would provide $242.0 million in tax incentives to film, television and digital media productions within the state over the next five years.

The measure passed the House 115-0 and is now just a pen stroke away from becoming law, which appears to be a mere formality, as Florida Governor Charlie Crist praised the bill, stating, “I applaud the Florida Legislature for supporting a bill that provides high-wage jobs for Floridians and aids in the diversification of Florida’s economy.”

Digital media producers within the state would be eligible for tax breaks of 20.0 percent. It’s expected that the legislation could induce up to $1.2 billion in direct spending within the Sunshine State.

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) was also pleased with the bill. President and CEO Michael Gallagher said, “These incentives will help keep Florida competitive in the digital media marketplace, attracting and providing 21st Century jobs in our growing industry and boosting the state’s economy.”

It’s anticipated that applications for the new incentives will begin being accepted on June 7.

Comments

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Okay, I'm sorry but it happened more than once so now I have to ask, is ".0" really necessary?
---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

---

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Necessary? No. Does it hurt anything? no. Your point?

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Does it hurt anything? Other than to diminish the chances anyone would think that the articles presented here are well-written, I guess not.

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

Matthew WilsonI heard reports of cheating, what else is happening?11/29/2014 - 1:28am
Papa MidnightThings are getting ugly over at the CS:GO tournament section of DreamHack Winter 201411/29/2014 - 1:27am
Matthew Wilsonhttp://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/11/music-publishers-finally-pull-the-trigger-sue-an-isp-over-piracy/ this is just stupid.11/29/2014 - 12:56am
Papa MidnightWhat Andrew Said. I also got directed to a Blu-Ray for Dragon Ball Z.11/29/2014 - 12:38am
Andrew EisenI don't get it. That's a link to a Dragon Ball Z set.11/29/2014 - 12:21am
MaskedPixelantehttps://hmv.ca/en/Search/Details?sku=763440 Real life Metroidvania.11/28/2014 - 8:33pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/25/lee-rigby-report-internet-firms-safe-haven-terrorists-pm wow... come on uk really?11/28/2014 - 2:39pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/two_tetris_downloads_to_be_removed_from_the_3ds_eshop_in_europe Tetris to be removed from the 3DS VC at the end of the year in Europe. Other regions unknown, but will probably all happen too.11/28/2014 - 9:16am
Andrew EisenThe story you just linked to? The story you asked if anyone had seen? Yes, THAT obnoxiousness. I've heard it parroted for nearly two years now.11/27/2014 - 7:57pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: That shes an ex con man?11/27/2014 - 7:54pm
Andrew EisenI've heard the same obnoxious horse poo for years. It's nothing new.11/27/2014 - 7:45pm
ZippyDSMleeAlso anyone see this? http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/anita-sarkeesian-unmasked-feminist-icon-or-con-artist/11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
ZippyDSMleeEvil within is a badly designed game.11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
Andrew EisenSure but you said "widens," hence my confusion. Looking into it, yep, there's a tweak to completely re-frame the image, adding more info at the top and bottom. You apparently need a fairly beefy rig to keep it running smooth when you do that though.11/27/2014 - 6:48pm
Matthew Wilsonthere is vertical fov, not just horizontal fov11/27/2014 - 6:38pm
Andrew EisenWell, you can widen it to 3:1 or even 10:1 but I don't know why you'd want to. From what I understand it's the missing visual info at the top and bottom that some object to, not that there isn't enough on either side.11/27/2014 - 6:36pm
Matthew WilsonI think it widenss the fov, so you get to see more.11/27/2014 - 6:31pm
Andrew EisenI don't see how as doing so would not add any visual information to the top or bottom of the screen.11/27/2014 - 6:04pm
Matthew Wilsonfrom what I read, getting rid of the black bars and stretching it out made for a better play experience.11/27/2014 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenFrom what I hear, there's a ton of "look up and shoot at the guys above you" stuff in the game that the wider frame doesn't accommodate such actions well.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm