Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

May 3, 2010 -

The Florida House has passed SB 1752, the companion bill to HB 697 (which previously passed early last month), okaying legislation that would provide $242.0 million in tax incentives to film, television and digital media productions within the state over the next five years.

The measure passed the House 115-0 and is now just a pen stroke away from becoming law, which appears to be a mere formality, as Florida Governor Charlie Crist praised the bill, stating, “I applaud the Florida Legislature for supporting a bill that provides high-wage jobs for Floridians and aids in the diversification of Florida’s economy.”

Digital media producers within the state would be eligible for tax breaks of 20.0 percent. It’s expected that the legislation could induce up to $1.2 billion in direct spending within the Sunshine State.

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) was also pleased with the bill. President and CEO Michael Gallagher said, “These incentives will help keep Florida competitive in the digital media marketplace, attracting and providing 21st Century jobs in our growing industry and boosting the state’s economy.”

It’s anticipated that applications for the new incentives will begin being accepted on June 7.

Comments

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Okay, I'm sorry but it happened more than once so now I have to ask, is ".0" really necessary?
---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

---

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Necessary? No. Does it hurt anything? no. Your point?

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Florida Tax Breaks Just a Governor’s Signature Away

Does it hurt anything? Other than to diminish the chances anyone would think that the articles presented here are well-written, I guess not.

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm