Iranian Game Targets Opposition Leaders

May 13, 2010 -

An Iranian blog is hosting a downloadable videogame that lets users blast away at the adversaries of President Mahmud Ahmadinejad’s regime.

Avatars in the game represent Iranian reformers, including Green Party leader (and former Prime Minister)  Mir Hossein Musavi, Etemad-e Melli party founder (and ex-Parliament Chairman) Mehdi Karrubi and former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami.

The title of the game is “Fighting the Leaders of Sedition.” Radio Free Europe notes that “Sedition is a term used by hard-liners and government officials to describe the street protests after the reelection of President Ahmadinejad.”

It’s unknown who created the game, but RFE reports that “Several Iranian news websites, including “Kharabonline” and “Aftabnews,” are reporting that copies have been distributed in some cities in Iran’s Isfahan Province.”

Comments

Re: Iranian Game Targets Opposition Leaders

Bloody students, I bet.

Needless to say, it's crazy how it's usually the opposite in other countries (I'd say just Western ones but surely it's the rest of the world - aside probably China and North Korea).

Poll