Killzone 2 Wins Ivor Novello Award

May 21, 2010 -

The British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors announced the winners of 55th annual Ivor Novello Awards. In amongst various awards you'll find "Best Original Video Game Score," which was awarded to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Guerrilla Games for Killzone 2.

Killzone 2 was nominated for best video game score alongside Savage Moon: Waldgeist and Total Empire: Total War. Killzone 2's soundtrack was composed by Joris de Man and recorded at the Abbey Road studios in London.

The Ivors celebrate the work of songwriters, composers and music publishers. Having a video game category is a step in the right direction for all involved and a testament to gaming's influence in mainstream culture. The Ivor Novello awards were held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London yesterday. I leave you with some kind words about video games from Ivors committee director Mark Fishlock:

"The Ivors has always sought to reflect the ever-changing world of song-writing and composing," said Mark Fishlock, director of the Ivors Committee. "The video games market has matured beyond recognition and big budget orchestral scores are regularly being commissioned."

Source: CVG

Posted in

Comments

Re: Killzone 2 Wins Ivor Novello Award

The only game music I ever ordered as a CD was the soundtrack to The Last Express. However, that has more to do with the fact that I don't buy much music than it has to do with the quality of game music. There are some great composers out there working on video games, and I'm happy that they are now beginning to be recognized more widely thanks to awards like this. This all serves to counter the ridiculous witch hunt against the industry.

Re: Killzone 2 Wins Ivor Novello Award

The music in games is amazing to listen to sometimes. I will sometimes download the songs from sites & before I do that, I will go to youtube to listen to the songs first, before I download it. :D

"It's better to be hated for who you are, then be loved for who you are not." - Montgomery Gentry

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am