Take-Two, Apogee Settle Duke Suit

June 15, 2010 -

Take-Two Interactive and Apogee Software have dismissed lawsuits against each other over the long in development Duke Nukem Forever.

Attorneys for Apogee signed the document on May 18 of this year (thanks ShackNews), while Take-Two’s law firm affixed its signature on May 28. The document stipulates that plaintiff Take-Two, counterclaim-defendant 2K Games and counterclaim plaintiff Apogee agreed to dismiss with prejudice all claims within per a May 14, 2010 agreement. Each party will pay for its own costs of the litigation.

The lawsuits erupted following developer 3D Realms letting go its staff in May of 2009, which Take-Two took as indicating that the game they had partially funded since 1998 was no longer in development. The 3D Realms and Apogee countersuit claimed that, despite a full roster of employees, the game was still in the works.

Whether or not we all get to play this game someday is still undetermined but we can all hold out hope. The last footage from the game to appear online, just over a year ago, looked pretty darn good.

Thanks Ryan

Comments

Re: Take-Two, Apogee Settle Duke Suit

They could possibly use the same tech but they'll definitely have to change the storyline as it was revealed some time ago. But, I think it would be faster to make a movie than it would to make the game. However, a new Duke game could bring some hope back to PC gaming :D

----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------- "Because this town is under the stranglehold of a few tight eyed Tree Huggers who would rather play Hacky Sack than lock up the homeless" -- Birch Barlow

Re: Take-Two, Apogee Settle Duke Suit

I hope this means the project can be taken up and put out!

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Take-Two, Apogee Settle Duke Suit

Wait, I thought they were closing their doors and development was officially ended?

Re: Take-Two, Apogee Settle Duke Suit

Tale Two should really see if they can get a team together to FINALLY finish the game.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am