Tebow Appears Religion-Free on NCAA Cover

June 28, 2010 -

Tim Tebow’s eye greasepaint, which often featured religious messages during his playing days at the University of Florida, will be plain black for the cover of NCAA Football 11.

The Chalkboard noticed the toned down eye paint in a Facebook posting for the game from Electronic Arts. The blog’s author has been posting similar stories wondering, and asking readers, if a statue of the ex-Heisman Trophy winner to be installed on campus should contain the religious messages or not. The majority of commenters seem okay with the messages being included.

The Chalkboard also notes that in April, the NCAA banned the further inclusion of messages in eye black, a trend that Reggie Bush helped make popular during his USC days.

One website, TebowsEyeBlack.com, specializes in keeping track of the messages the quarterback has displayed over the years.

Comments

Re: Tebow Appears Religion-Free on NCAA Cover

Whatever, I don't agree with their decision to do this, but I don't care enough to be angry about it. I was seething when I read about the altering of Winston Churchill's picture at a museum however.

(Someone airbrushed out his cigar, for those that don't know what I am talking about)

"

Re: Tebow Appears Religion-Free on NCAA Cover

*sigh* Boy that was a shocker....

~Weatherlight~