Tebow Appears Religion-Free on NCAA Cover

June 28, 2010 -

Tim Tebow’s eye greasepaint, which often featured religious messages during his playing days at the University of Florida, will be plain black for the cover of NCAA Football 11.

The Chalkboard noticed the toned down eye paint in a Facebook posting for the game from Electronic Arts. The blog’s author has been posting similar stories wondering, and asking readers, if a statue of the ex-Heisman Trophy winner to be installed on campus should contain the religious messages or not. The majority of commenters seem okay with the messages being included.

The Chalkboard also notes that in April, the NCAA banned the further inclusion of messages in eye black, a trend that Reggie Bush helped make popular during his USC days.

One website, TebowsEyeBlack.com, specializes in keeping track of the messages the quarterback has displayed over the years.

Comments

Re: Tebow Appears Religion-Free on NCAA Cover

Whatever, I don't agree with their decision to do this, but I don't care enough to be angry about it. I was seething when I read about the altering of Winston Churchill's picture at a museum however.

(Someone airbrushed out his cigar, for those that don't know what I am talking about)

"

Re: Tebow Appears Religion-Free on NCAA Cover

*sigh* Boy that was a shocker....

~Weatherlight~

~Weatherlight~

Poll

Did Microsoft pay too much ($2.5 billion) for Minecraft developer Mojang?:

Craig R.Have the GamerGate mouthbreathers left yet?09/16/2014 - 7:56pm
prh99Right up to the Bell Gargoyles.09/16/2014 - 7:05pm
james_fudgeI'm a huge Dark Souls fan :)09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
james_fudgeThe first part of Dark Souls is pretty easy.09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
Neeneko@AE - it is still better then Return of Kings. I wonder if they know each other...09/16/2014 - 1:05pm
Neeneko@IanC - well, considering their entire goal is disseminating information, it kinda makes sense.09/16/2014 - 1:04pm
Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am