Xbox Live Indie Game Pokes Fun at BP Oil Spill

June 30, 2010 -

While it might some like poor taste to even consider making a joke about the continuing British Petroleum oil spill in the gulf (which is in its 70th day as of today), and Xbox Live Indie game developer has decided to go ahead and make a video game about it called "Crisis in the Gulf."

To be fair, the game doesn't go out of its way to make light of the situation, but rather the people allegedly handling the spill. The game, available for $1 on Xbox Live, was developed by Super Boise and goes out of its way to skewer both BP and Sarah Palin. Kotaku, who took some video of this tower defense game in action, calls it "not very much fun."

I can't say that we're shocked that an Xbox Live Indie Game might suck. If you hate Sarah Palin and BP it's probably worth a look. You can download the demo for free and try it yourselves before you part with that $1..

Source: Kotaku via Energy Boom

Comments

Re: Xbox Live Indie Game Pokes Fun at BP Oil Spill

BP is not called British Petroleum, it stopped going by that name well over a decade ago. Its name is simply BP.

Also does this game poke fun at the other companies involved in this mess, like Transocean?

Re: Xbox Live Indie Game Pokes Fun at BP Oil Spill

Nope, just Sarah Palin, who has absolutely nothing to do with politics - and hasn't since she left the governorship - or oil drilling in any context, much less in the Gulf.

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Xbox Live Indie Game Pokes Fun at BP Oil Spill

Its Better Petroleum now...

~Weatherlight~

~Weatherlight~

Re: Xbox Live Indie Game Pokes Fun at BP Oil Spill

BP and Sarah Palin?  Hahaha, yes, of course.  Liberal indie games with political agendas... predictable, mindless, and bad.  I'm surprised they didn't find a way to bash Bush in there.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm
Andrew EisenGhostbusters! My favorite movie.11/22/2014 - 10:21pm
Andrew EisenPredominately figurines or swag of all kinds?11/22/2014 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenI bet there's a lovely comedy of errors surrounding that list's journey to the IGDA's page!11/22/2014 - 6:49pm