Cipher Prime's Creative Fundrasing

July 16, 2010 -

You'll never see EA or Activision doing this! Philadelphia-based indie game developer Cipher Prime is having a fundraiser to finance its move from an awful 160 sq ft space to 1000 sq ft space - and to hire an additional employee.

The "fundraiser," which began yesterday, is offering two of the company's games for $4.99 each. Both are music-based puzzle games for PC and Mac: Auditorium and Fractal. Here's the pitch from the website:

As some of you know, we’ve been trying to move for a long time. Our old office had no AC, no heat, lots of bugs, and was generally just too small. Goodbye 160 sq ft; Hello 1000sq ft!!

Not only is this upgrade amazing, the rent is just about the same. However, moving always costs a lot of money and we really want to hire on another employee. So, the answer is clear… WE MUST FUNDRAISER!

In the old days, we took donations for Auditorium and were able to stay true with our promises and make it into a fully developed title. Now, it’s on the web, iPhone, iPad, and coming soon to the PS3, XBox360, and PSP! This time, we’ll be offering both Auditorium and Fractal for 50% off, lowering both titles to $4.99 for two weeks. This special moving sale promo will end on July 30th, so act fast! You will also receive a free audio track with either purchase during the sale. With Auditorium comes Autumn, our first single. Fractal comes with Iterate!, Fractal’s theme song.

The website offers other ways you can help out if you feel the need including spreading the word to your friends and family, telling your favorite website or forum, actually buying the games, subscribing to their mailing list or sending them an email to give feedback on the games.

image source: Flickr

Posted in

Comments

Re: Cipher Prime's Creative Fundrasing

My only comment here is that Auditorium is freakin' awesome.  Well worth $5.

Re: Cipher Prime's Creative Fundrasing

How is 160 sq ft big enough to even be an office?  Did they really even have one?  I think it is supposed to be a joke.   160 sq ft is a small room.

Pwnage of Empires

Re: Cipher Prime's Creative Fundrasing

See, this is the problem with the philly game industry... companies do not seem to actually know of each other.     I have spent time trying to track down various companies in this region and have never heard of this one....

Poll