Videogame Playtime Turns Deadly For Charlotte Teen

July 21, 2010 -

A Charlotte, North Carolina teen was shot by a friend early Tuesday morning while playing a videogame, according to police, but the motive for the crime is still a "mystery." Investigators have charged another 15 year old - who was described as a friend of the victim - with murder Tuesday afternoon. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is not releasing the name of the juvenile suspect due to his age, but they did identify the victim as Trevall Rembert.

Police say Rembert was killed while playing video games with several friends. According to sources speaking to WMFB News, at least a dozen teens were inside Rembert house at 2220 Tate Street in northwest Charlotte when the incident occurred.

The shooting, which is being described by some accounts accidental, occurred because the teens in the room were passing around a loaded shotgun. Police say they have interviewed all the teens that were at the scene but are frustrated because many of them are not being "up front about what happened, making it difficult for detectives to piece together what actually happened inside the house."

You can read more about the crime at WMF News.

Comments

Re: Videogame Playtime Turns Deadly For Charlotte Teen

It smells like a darwin award from the sound of it

Watching JT on GP is just like watching an episode of Jerry springer only as funny as the fights

America has just became its own version of the Jerry Springer Show after a bizarre moment in Florida involving a carnival worker.

Re: Videogame Playtime Turns Deadly For Charlotte Teen

Passing around a loaded shotgun....were they trying to get a darwin award?

Seriously that's just begging for someone to get shot. And anyone who would be that careless around a gun deserves what they get.

We all do stupid stuff sometimes, but sometimes even nature says "you are so stupid, I will kill you".

Re: Videogame Playtime Turns Deadly For Charlotte Teen

And people wonder why I'm in favour of making gun safety classes manditory...

Though I doubt it would have helped here.

Re: Videogame Playtime Turns Deadly For Charlotte Teen

What's the betting that the media at least WON'T look at the fact someone had left a freaking loaded shotgun lying around?

Re: Videogame Playtime Turns Deadly For Charlotte Teen

I call 100 dollar if the media doesn't investigate why the shotgun was lying around and left loaded.

Re: Videogame Playtime Turns Deadly For Charlotte Teen

according to police, but the motive for the crime is still a "mystery."

This is where police and parent will end up blaming video game for the shooting and probably not looking at the suspect's past to solve and connect the murder.

This is sad when I read this, I wonder how this will turn out.  Just hope they don't go pointing finger at video game.

MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm