IGDA Looking for New Executive Director

July 26, 2010 -

International Game Developers Association (IGDA) Executive Director Joshua Caulfield (pictured) is leaving the organization in order to take a similar post with an association for architecture students.

IGDA Board of Directors Chairman Gordon Bellamy called Caulfield’s departure “amicable,” adding, “… we appreciate all the hard work and dedication Joshua has poured into being our Executive Director over the last year.”

The IGDA also noted that it is reorganizing its infrastructure in order to “better serve its members.” As part of its retooling, the IGDA created a committee system, with each committee—Membership, Policy/Advocacy, Events/Sponsorship/Partners, Technology, Marketing/Communications, Special Interest Groups and Chapters—chaired by a board member.

Caulfield said it was “time for the next step in my career.” He continued, ““I think the IGDA is headed in a great direction, and I look forward to helping to make this a smooth transition.”

Caulfield will leave the IGDA in August. He was named to the post last July in the wake of the resignation of Jason Della Rocca. The organization is launching a search for his replacement.

Posted in

Comments

Re: IGDA Looking for New Executive Director

Hey GP, care to add this info to your article? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102323-Major-Shake-Up-at-the-IGDA-as-Director-Resigns

Sadly, the only place where it is mentioned, is that link, the members were NOT INFORMED that Brenda and another director quit. In fact, asking the board result in no response.

criadordejogos.wordpress.com

--- MaurĂ­cio Gomes twitter.com/agfgames

Re: IGDA Looking for New Executive Director

Naaah, there is no reorganization, only two Exec Directors quitting in a row + board members quitting too.

That is more akin disorganization.

criadordejogos.wordpress.com

--- MaurĂ­cio Gomes twitter.com/agfgames

Re: IGDA Looking for New Executive Director

I was going to say....... this is a rather "infolite" and cherry review of the situation....

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am