ESA Lobbying Efforts Down in Q2

July 29, 2010 -

The Entertainment Software Association spent $1.1 million during the second quarter of 2010 lobbying politicians on a number of issues including regulation of video game content, First Amendment protection, parental control technology and other issues, according to an Associated Press story, citing a recent disclosure report.

The ESA's lobbying efforts are down from $1.2 million, or 5 percent in Q1.

From April to June the ESA also lobbied lawmakers on copyright enforcement, green cards for skilled foreign workers and the H1-B visa program, which allows foreign workers in specialized and advanced-degree positions to work in the country temporarily. In its lobbying efforts the ESA sought the help of Congress, the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission, the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI and other agencies, according to a report filed on July 20 with the House clerk's office.

Source: AP