EMA Reelects Chairman, Adds Heathers to Hall of Fame

August 4, 2010 -

Bob Geistman, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at entertainment distribution company Ingram Entertainment has been reelected to his post as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Entertainment Merchants Association (EMA), according to a note on Home Media Magazine.

New additions to the board included Dish Network’s Bruce Eisen, Blockbuster’s Rod Murray, Netflix’s Erin Ruane and Amazon’s Steve Oliver. Current members reelected included Vice Chairman John Marmaduke from Hastings Entertainment, Treasurer Marty Graham from Rentrak, Secretary Bill Lee from Toys “R” Us and Executive Committee Members At-Large Troy Peterson from Target and Chuck Porter of Giant Eagle.

In other recent EMA news, the organization inducted the 1988 movie Heathers into its Hall of Fame, where it reside alongside Casablanca, The Godfather, Grease, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Wizard of Oz, and Scarface.

The EMA’s Scholarship Foundation also doled out grants to five college-bound high-school seniors—Jeanine Cerney (Giant Eagle) of Ohio, Michael Hung (GameStop) of Florida, Ben Lahue (Target) from Iowa, Sarah Lewis (GameStop) of Pennsylvania and Kansas’ Jonathan Weatherbie (GameStop). Each recipient can receive up to $1,500 per year for up to four years of schooling.

The scholarships are offered to the employees, kids and spouses of EMA member companies.

Comments

Re: EMA Reelects Chairman, Adds Heathers to Hall of Fame

Heathers?  Interesting choice.

Andrew Eisen

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm
Andrew EisenGhostbusters! My favorite movie.11/22/2014 - 10:21pm
Andrew EisenPredominately figurines or swag of all kinds?11/22/2014 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenI bet there's a lovely comedy of errors surrounding that list's journey to the IGDA's page!11/22/2014 - 6:49pm