The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

August 18, 2010 -

While public and private interest groups alike have skewered Google’s apparent Net Neutrality pact with Verizon, now the search giant has fallen victim to an attack by Comedy Central’s The Daily Show

To sum up Jon Stewart’s take on the matter, Google has gone from stating that “Net Neutrality will allow new Googles and Amazons to form,” to “NET NEUTRALITY WILL ALLOW NEW GOOGLES AND AMAZONS TO FORM!”

More form Stewart, “Google doesn’t get to write laws! They just photograph and post where everybody lives and republish every book ever written and negotiate with the Chinese government while building floating data centers in the ocean.”

Stewart also has a little fun with the protestors who lined up at Google's headquarters to make their voice heard.

Still a little strange to see a former media darling get bashed in the press.

Comments

Re: The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

"Still a little strange to see a former media darling get bashed in the press."

Yeah, that's a pretty strange occurrence.  It would be weird if that happened with Microsoft.  I mean Amazon.  I mean Apple.  I mean Sony.  I mean Toyota.  I mean Merrill Lynch.  I mean Enron.  I mean Lindsay Lohan.  I mean...uh...Betty White?  The media haven't turned on her yet, right?

Re: The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

The video's broken for me.  Hopefully nobody else is having the same problem.

At least I got to see it last night.

Re: The Daily Show on Google and Net Neutrality

It might be the site.  I can not watch the episode at all via the normal feed.

Andrew EisenGhostbusters! My favorite movie.11/22/2014 - 10:21pm
Andrew EisenPredominately figurines or swag of all kinds?11/22/2014 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenI bet there's a lovely comedy of errors surrounding that list's journey to the IGDA's page!11/22/2014 - 6:49pm
Andrew EisenAnd the fact that it was curated by some random person on Twitter should have been another.11/22/2014 - 6:48pm
Andrew EisenYep, it's pretty clear that whoever at the IGDA grabbed that list, didn't look at it first. I think the fact that there's over 10,000 names on it should have been a bit of a red flag.11/22/2014 - 6:44pm
Wonderkarppenguin books is on the list. wow.11/22/2014 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpthats better, though I'd prefer something a little more than a simple tweet, I'll take it.11/22/2014 - 6:37pm
Andrew EisenKate Edwards' Twitter: "like people, tools are imperfect; we've removed it for now."11/22/2014 - 6:35pm
Andrew EisenHard to say with any certainty but it appears it at least understands the tool didn't do what it thought it did.11/22/2014 - 6:34pm
WonderkarpI've yet to find the IGDA responding too the situation other than deleting a link.11/22/2014 - 6:34pm
Matthew WilsonI hope the IGDA understands why its a mistake, that's all I want.11/22/2014 - 6:33pm
Andrew EisenHeh, lawyering up would be grossly overracting! And really silly. Well, if what the IGDA did say was not enough for you, try contacting them and letting them know how you feel.11/22/2014 - 6:31pm