Stolen 360 Leads to Execution of Three Brothers

August 18, 2010 -

The small Louisiana town of Keithville, located in the northwest corner of the state near the Texas border, is the location of a grisly murder scene that started with a stolen Xbox 360 and ended with the death of three brothers late Monday night.

Jerimiah (20), Jarquis (18) and Jean (13) Adams were all found shot to death in a car, victims of thirty-three year old alleged gunman Marcus Donté Reed (pictured). The Shreveport Times reports that Reed lay in wait for the brothers and opened fire on the car with an assault rifle because he thought at least one of the Adams trio was responsible for stealing Reed's Xbox 360 from his girlfriend’s home on Monday.

The house of Reed’s lady friend was described as a local hangout and it was reported that the Adams boys may have been at the house on that day, though Sheriff Steve Prator said,” We don't have any indication they were actually in the house that night,” adding, “I'm not sure the extent of the relationship they had.”

Reed had a previous felony conviction in 2007 for illegal use of a weapon/dangerous instrument following a shootout he had with another vehicle. At that time, Reed was armed with an assault rifle with “one round in the chamber and 35 in the magazine.”

Prator added, “There are some things all of the patrol cars in the world can't prevent. The only thing that could have prevented this from happening is (him) not being born.”

Comments

Re: Stolen 360 Leads to Execution of Three Brothers

That is fricken messed up!

Re: Stolen 360 Leads to Execution of Three Brothers

"Assault rifle"?  Nice try, gun control weasels.  An SKS is a semiautomatic rifle.  Assault rifles must, by definition, be capable of automatic fire.  And while I haven't seen any pictures of the actual gun he used, I'm very skeptical that it had any of the cosmetic features that would make it an "assault weapon" under that absurd, and rightly expired law.  I'm getting sick and tired of the media constantly obfuscating this issue with unclear and alarmist terminology.

Re: Stolen 360 Leads to Execution of Three Brothers

I'm getting sick and tired of gun nuts thinking that terminology matters.  Most people who read these articles (or write them for that matter) could barely describe the difference between a pistol and a rifle, much less get into the finer details.

No need to get worked up.  The press is not conspiring with gun control weasels. They just don't know.

Re: Stolen 360 Leads to Execution of Three Brothers

"victims of thirty-three year old alleged". Wow. So he's alledgedly the shooter, yet they were his victims?

"The only thing that could have prevented this from happening is (him) not being born." So this guy is guilty until proven innocent + society is 100% incapable of preventing murders if the murderer is alive. The fact he had a gun don't factor in, nor (bad) luck and timing, etc. Great Sheriff there...

That's what I love about elected people. Their job isn't to do well what their job title seems to indicate, but rather to be elected and re-elected. That's their primary purpose.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm