Australia’s Krome Studios Loses Some Luster

August 19, 2010 -

Times are tough Down Under too, as it seems that one of the larger Australian game developers has closed an office and downsized personnel at two additional locations.

GamePron reports on the shakeup at Krome Studios, which appears to have closed down its Adelaide office altogether, while laying off staff from both its Melbourne and Brisbane studios. The site notes that the Adeliade office was initially opened in order to try and give some jobs to employees of developer Ratbag, which shuttered in 2005, just months after being acquired by Midway Games and undergoing a rebranding as Midway Games – Australia.

At its peak, Krome was one of the largest independent videogame studios in the world and has produced some 19 titles covering 40 SKUs. It’s best known for its creation and development of the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series.

Thanks Ryan!

Comments

Re: Australia’s Krome Studios Loses Some Luster

Sad to hear good developers going under like this.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am