Flash Game Based on Filipino Bus Tragedy Getting Ripped

August 25, 2010 -

While the turnaround time of Flash games based on popular news events is generally rather amazing, one such game based on the recent hostage tragedy that occurred on a bus in the Philippines earlier this week is drawing criticism.

A disgruntled ex-policeman named Rolando Mendoza boarded a bus of tourists in Manila in a misguided attempt to win his job back. After a long standoff, which the consensus says was mismanaged, police finally stormed the bus and killed Mendoza, but not before he murdered eight of the tourists, all of whom were from Hong Kong.

The game based on this event is named Bus Hostage by Policeman and appears on the Newgrounds site, where it has received scathing reviews (0.95 out of 5.00) and comments, for both its subject matter and buggy, awful gameplay. The game itself has players attempting to shoot Mendoza through the windows of the bus, asking participants “Can you stop him and blow his brain?”

Among the comments:

I am new here, but I agree with you. I am a Hong Kong guy, and it is outraging to see some cold-blooded people making this sort of crap for a game…

please revise your game, this one's insulting. for every Filipino's sake.. kindly do.

I'm a Filipino but I don't appreciate what you have made because you're not just insulting us you're including the others too

Turd of the month maybe!!!!!!!!!!

This aint fun, it is clear you have no respect for the people who died in the tragedy. And the game is bad too...

Comments

Re: Flash Game Based on Filipino Bus Tragedy Getting Ripped

I am saddened by the death of the people, etc. but its just a crappy flash game. People need to get over it.

Re: Flash Game Based on Filipino Bus Tragedy Getting Ripped

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that the game is poorly made and not fun to play.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Flash Game Based on Filipino Bus Tragedy Getting Ripped

It will probably be blammed off of Newgrounds, so no worries.

Re: Flash Game Based on Filipino Bus Tragedy Getting Ripped

It's got 2333 votes, so it's well past the blam stage.  Per Newground's FAQ, it needs a ranking of 1.0 at 100 votes, 1.25 at 150 votes, and 1.60 at 200 votes.  Even though it's currently under even the lowest blam threshold, it presumably had a high enough rating at the key points necessary for survival.

Re: Flash Game Based on Filipino Bus Tragedy Getting Ripped

Playing Devil's Advocate here: excluding the apparently dire gameplay quality, what's the difference between this and players acting as Taliban members in Medal of Honor?

Re: Flash Game Based on Filipino Bus Tragedy Getting Ripped

/thread

It´s a stupid and tasteless game, but it doesn´t affect to anybody. In any case it is an insult toward the murderer.

------------------------------------------------------------ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

WonderkarpFCC appears to be kicking ass today01/29/2015 - 4:11pm
Matthew WilsonThat is why I said "every market". for example totalbescuit has TWC, and the best he can get atm is 10/10.01/29/2015 - 1:58pm
Andrew EisenTWC offers speeds that high, at least in my area. (Standard is 15Mpbs)01/29/2015 - 1:54pm
Matthew Wilson@prh I still have my doubts. if anything the big winner is Comcast. they are the only isp in the us that can provide that speed in every market they serve. att, verizon, and twc cant or at least dont.01/29/2015 - 1:50pm
Andrew EisenTrailer for Ted 2 and it looks like it won't simply be a rehash of the first. That's encouraging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AVcCggRnU01/29/2015 - 1:49pm
prh99It's nice to see an FCC chair who isn't just there to facilitate monopoly building for cable and telecom. Basically not a dingo.01/29/2015 - 1:46pm
Wonderkarpmine was grandia 201/29/2015 - 1:39pm
Matthew Wilsonoh btw only about 5.6 percent of the us has broadband now.01/29/2015 - 1:21pm