Das Racist Retro Game Homage

September 3, 2010 -

Brooklyn, NY-based rappers Das Racist have released a flash game to promote their brand new single "Who's That Brown" on the group's official web site (thanks Game | Life). The simple Flash game is interesting because it pays homage to several classic games through various sequences using gameplay mechanics borrowed from games such as Double Dragon, Frogger and Narc. But the reason I mention it here is that the game features a cameo by former Alaska Governor and conservative firebrand Sarah Palin (pictured left).

The story is also mildly amusing: when Jay-Z and Justin Bieber get into a limo accident, the promoter asks Das Racist to step in and save the day.. but first they have to find their Hype man Daz who has inexplicably disappeared. Retro hijinx ensue.

You can check out the game for yourselves at dasracist.net. Image from Game | Life.

Posted in

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm
Goth_SkunkRockstar is suing the BBC. http://ow.ly/NgzDm05/21/2015 - 8:00pm
Goth_SkunkWhy I don't take The Mary Sue seriously, and why you shouldn't either: http://ow.ly/Ngzkk05/21/2015 - 7:55pm