Sony Gets Permanent Injunction Against PS3 Jailbreak in Australia

September 3, 2010 -

A hearing to decide the fate of the X3JailBreak PS3 mod chip in an Australian court has found Sony victorious. The court ruled on Friday that the security circumvention device for the PS3 does harm to Sony's business. In line with that decision, the court put a permanent injunction on the sale of the product in Australia and ordered retailers and resellers to remove the device from store shelves and turn over any profits made from it to Sony.

Interestingly, because the court named the product by name, the decision does not preclude other similar products to be sold, though navigating those choppy waters will probably end with self-same results. Resellers OzModChips, ModSupplier, and Quantronics have removed the product from their websites.

As we noted earlier today, Sony filed a lawsuit against another PS3 Jailbreak in the United States.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Sony Gets Permanent Injunction Against PS3 Jailbreak in ...

Is it just me, or is all this going down at lightning speed compared to most things involving the courts?

Re: Sony Gets Permanent Injunction Against PS3 Jailbreak in ...

Sony has the money to see to it that happens.

Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm