Fairway Solitaire Developer Makes $1 Million

September 7, 2010 -

Grey Alien Games, makers of the popular Fairway Solitaire, announced that it has sold $1 million dollars worth of games. The company also alluded to moving 100,000 units in December of 2009, but didn't mention a unit sales number in announcing its mega-monetary milestone on September 2. The reason this particular milestone is amazing to the company is that it is an independent studio with only six games - three of which are themed match-3 games.

While the company is best known for its popular Fairway Solitaire game, it has also created a number of casual match-3 games such as Unwell Mel, Holiday Bonus, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Xmas Bonus, and Easter Bonus. Here's more from the Grey Alien Games blog:

Woot! I finally reached an awesome milestone which is that my games have grossed over $1,000,000. I have made 6 games and one game framework, and I store all the sales figures and royalty report information in a *big* spreadsheet. Of course I only receive Net revenue, but based on the various deals that I have with the portals I have been able to work backwards to an approximate gross revenue for each game.

It’s pretty awesome to think that people have spent over $1,000,000 on games that I made. That’s a good feeling and an indicator that I’m doing something right Also last December I hit a milestone of over 100,000 units sold online and this figure has gone up a lot since then too.

Anyway, I’ve been looking forward to hitting this milestone for a little while. I’ll report back when I hit $2,000,000. Wish me luck!

Luck!

Source: Grey Alien Games

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm