No Mafia II for UAE

September 7, 2010 -

The United Arab Emirates’ National Media Council has banned the release of Take-Two Interactive’s Mafia II videogame in that country.

Nitin Mathew, of the Dubai-based distribution firm Red Entertainment Distribution, told Arabian Business that the game was banned because of its “excessive violence and nudity.”

Mafia II was going to be released at the end of August, but now it will share the same fate as its predecessor Mafia, which was also banished from the UAE. Other recent games outlawed in the UAE include Heavy Rain, Dante’s Inferno (which wasn’t even submitted to censors), Darksiders, God of War and Grand Theft Auto IV.

Don’t fret for your UAE gaming brethren though, they’ll more than likely still be able to purchase even banned games thanks to the country’s thriving gray market.

Comments

Re: No Mafia II for UAE

Also, I don't see how this game would appeal to people living in UAE, not being a racist but some game don't appeal to a country.

Re: No Mafia II for UAE

I somehow doubt games are translated for or released to that specific the region, more like people have X or Y console from another region and just import the games....

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: No Mafia II for UAE

Whats the highest age rating the UAE has?

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm