Arcane's Child's Play Charity Drive

September 15, 2010 -

Indie game developer Arcane Games updates on its sale of the micro-expansion for AI War (thanks Blue's News). The reason why it matters is that the company is selling the Children Of Neinzul expansion and giving the proceeds away to Child's Play. So far, the company has raised $500 in change, but its goal is to raise $14,000 for the children's charity.

As this charitable endeavor continues, the company is facing some financial trouble, detailed in the same post:

"The rest of this long post is background and explanation about how this came about and our business model in general, as well a request for help at the end, with ideas for how fans can contribute without spending a dime (as a commercial enterprise, we dislike asking for donations, though occasionally players offer)."

Arcen Games has made several AI War games, as well as a puzzle game called Tidalis. AI War is a large-scale RTS with a TBS layer, tower defense, and grand strategy - set in space. The company has released one expansion for AI War called The Zenith Remnant.

I recommend reading this post to learn more about the company, its games and what small developers face on a daily basis.

Wonderkarp*Sippin on Long Island Iced Tea*05/22/2015 - 8:24pm