ECA Uses Twitter for SCOTUS Petition Effort

September 15, 2010 -

The Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) has sent an email blast out to it database of readers encouraging them to use Twitter to get their followers to speak up and sign the Gamer Petition that will be sent to the U.S. Supreme Court before it is to decide the California case on violent games.

An email from Brett Schenker, the ECA's online advocacy manager:

Thank you again for speaking out about fee speech and signing the Gamer Petition.  The Entertainment Consumers Association turns in it's amicus brief this week to the Supreme Court.  And we need to get every signature we can on the petition to show our strength.

The deadline to collect signatures is looming!  You've already signed the petition and the outpouring of support has been amazing.  One thing we haven't done is trend on Twitter.  We're asking everyone who has an account to Tweet about the petition.  Head to Twitter and post this:

RT @theeca Sign the Gamer Petition: Stand up for your rights and protect free speech! http://bit.ly/cumONm Pls RT #gamerpetition

Every little thing you do helps raise awareness about this and gets others to join you in signing the petition. Thanks so much again for taking action, speaking out, and signing the petition.

(Disclosure: GamePolitics is a publication of the ECA)

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am