EA to Offer Four Day Open Multiplayer Beta of Medal of Honor

September 24, 2010 -

In a bid to clear up any “misunderstanding about the patriotism” at the heart of the game hated by defense ministers around the world, Electronic Arts will offer an open beta for the PC versions of its Medal of Honor game ahead of the title’s October 12th release.

PC owners will be able to take part in the open multiplayer beta from October 4th through midnight of October 7. The beta will consists of two maps (Shahikot Mountains and Kunar Base) and a pair of game modes (Combat Mission and Sector Control).

EA Games President Frank Gibeau offered:

We also hope that by offering the Multiplayer Open Beta, we can clear up any misunderstanding about the patriotism and respect that are the foundation of this game. The Medal of Honor franchise has always shown extraordinary reverence for American and Allied soldiers -- this game is no exception.

The Medal of Honor website also released a video (embedded) showing off some action from another game mode, Objective Raid, which features insurgents and Coalition forces battling each other.

Comments

Re: EA to Offer Four Day Open Multiplayer Beta of Medal of ...

What this will do is give EA a chance to say "Well, we offered to show them just how the game is and they didn't take us up on it." for the next time some defense minister with too much time on their hands complains about the game.

Re: EA to Offer Four Day Open Multiplayer Beta of Medal of ...

Nice of them, but, ultimately, useless.

The people in high places making the misleading claims don't care about playing such games, for whatever reason (they don't want the Truth, The WHOLE Truth, And Nothing But The Truth spread, computer/video games are their thing, it isn't their genre/platform/whatever, etc).

The people listening and blindly accepting their claims aren't going to try the game because they're easily duped in the first place in addition to the aforementioned list the people in high places won't play.

Those interested in the game (genre and all) never really cared what the above groups thought.  They are just hoping that their Human Rights to Freedom of Speech/Expression are not deprived, either directly or through the intimidation of EA by those other groups through lies, deceit, and misinformation.  It's just a Free Beta to them.

And that pretty much leaves those who weren't quite sure one way or the other.  Either on the overall issue or whether they may or may not be interested in the game itself (because it normally isn't there genre/platform/whatever).

Personally, I'm not interested in the game because it isn't my genre and I'm not a big fan of FPS, unless the story is interesting (Mass Effect and Fallout 3 for examples).

Nightwng2000

NW2K Software

Nightwng2000 NW2K Software http://www.facebook.com/nightwing2000 Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as http://groups.myspace.com/pfenl

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm