Saints March in for ESRB PSA

September 28, 2010 -

For its latest public service announcement to promote videogame ratings awareness, the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has employed a pair of Super Bowl champions.

New Orleans Saints wide receivers Marques Colston and Devery Henderson appear in the spot, in which they inform a clueless consumer buying a game for his son that he should check the rating on the game before purchasing it. The commercial was launched via a press event at a New Orleans area GameStop, with State Senator Daniel Martiny (R-Metairie) and State Representative Jeffrey Arnold (D-New Orleans) in attendance.

The PSA will run on GameStop’s in-store network nationwide, appear on the video board at Saints home games and also run on television and radio stations throughout the state of Louisiana.
Colston added, “I play a ton of video games, and while most of them are OK for kids, some of them are clearly intended for older players.”

He continued, “They say the best defense is a good offense, and I know about good offense.  A parent’s best defense against bringing home the wrong game for their child is to go on offense and use the ratings every time they buy or rent a game.  You’re always better off when you know the play.”

The spot can be viewed on the media page of the ESRB’s website. The Saints video is the first choice under the Statewide and Local TV section.

Comments

Re: Saints March in for ESRB PSA

Considering the number of gamestops in the area, I think I've shopped at that shop before.

It's one of the few gamestops that doesn't make you go through a half hour of "anything you want to reserve" pitches every time you check out.

Re: Saints March in for ESRB PSA

Wow strict dad if kids not allowed to get Iron Man. I'm sure the kid saw the movie at least. XD

Re: Saints March in for ESRB PSA

Here's where I disagree with the ESRB. This and the poster campaigns on the media page ("If it weren't for the rating system, my kids wouldn't be allowed to play video games") are making them go from merely providing information about game content to telling people how to parent their children. Everyone here is saying that kids shouldn't be playing M-rated games, but I say it depends on the kid. There are definitely some who should not, and others who would be fine with it. By all means, let the parents decide what their kids play, but don't tell them they are a bad parent if they knowingly give their kid an M-rated game if they feel they can handle it.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm