Dems and Repubs Take to the Court in NBA Jam

October 6, 2010 -

While President Obama pops up in championship celebrations in NBA 2K11 and Madden NFL 11, he’s joined by a whole slew of friends and foes alike in the just-released NBA Jam.

The series has a history of hidden characters and this new Wii entry is no different, as an ESPN story discloses that whole teams of Democrats and republicans are unlockable in the game.

On the Democrat side, gamers can unlock Obama, Joe Biden, Al Gore and Bill and Hillary Clinton, while the Republican side is represented by George W. Bush, Sara Palin, John McCain and Dick Cheney.

The game’s Creative Director Troy Smith, discussed the appearance of politicians in the game:

…on the political front, we found that it's pretty fun to take these politicians and add them in the game and not take them so serious. Instead of talking about all of these serious world issues, it's kind of fun to see the lighter side of politics.

We found these pictures that showed off the emotion of all of these politicians, and some of them are classic. Dick Cheney has the Darth Vader snarl. Obama makes some great faces, and the politician dunk faces are some of the best dunk faces in the entire game.

Smith on Palin’s appearance:

Sarah Palin is hilarious in the game. She has a beehive haircut and a helicopter dunk that is just awesome. She also makes some pretty funny faces in the photos.

Is it safe to assume the Republican characters have better defensive skills?

Comments

Re: Dems and Repubs Take to the Court in NBA Jam

Still, even though only two players make a team, it does seem kind of skewed to have such lame choices as Republicans, and then have less choices than Democrats. Why not put Rush Limbaugh in the game? That would be hillarious.

Re: Dems and Repubs Take to the Court in NBA Jam

Is 5v4 really a fair match? Where is the Repubs 5th player?

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Dems and Repubs Take to the Court in NBA Jam

A history lesson is needed here:

The NBA JAM has always been a 2-on-2 basketball and 2 characters are selected as a team.

EA is not obligated to fill in the 5th Repubican player.

Re: Dems and Repubs Take to the Court in NBA Jam

Ah, makes sense. I have never played NBA Jam.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Dems and Repubs Take to the Court in NBA Jam

BTW Bill and Hillary was in previous NBA Jam games before, when they were still the POTUS and the first lady.

Re: Dems and Repubs Take to the Court in NBA Jam

I didn't really need another reason to pick this game up, but EA went and added one anyway. Oh NBA Jam, how I've missed thee.

Andrew EisenThat depends on a lot. Are you currently bleeding? Or do you want to leave work to go to the doctor over an incident that happened on a different day that you didn't file an incident report for?11/23/2014 - 3:21pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm