No Inbox Left Behind

October 14, 2010 -

Okay, we readily admit to being virtually hypnotized by Christian game publisher Left Behind Games, even more so in light of the odd press releases the company has issued in the past couple of weeks, but their latest may take the cake.

Today, Left Behind detailed an upcoming email campaign that it says will eventually hit 7.77 million inboxes. The company added a “top-tier” email delivery service that will push output to 45,000 emails per hour. The campaign will leverage an “under-utilized” list of over 500,000 “Christian consumers accumulated since the release of the Left Behind Trivia Game, 7 years ago.”

Left Behind reports that similar campaigns waged in August and September saw 85% of opened emails resulting in “confirmation of interest in coupons and offers.”

The new email campaign, dubbed the “Panoptic(TM) email marketing campaign,” will run from November 1 through the start of 2011. Early results of the email blitz will be discussed in a November 16th webinar.

Left Behind says that its email campaigns are “compliant with the governing CAN-SPAM Act."

Comments

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Gotta love marketing departments that don't have a clue.  This is a spam campaign, plain and simple.  The CAN-SPAM law might allow for it, but this is hypocritical behavior for a so-called "Christian" company.  The CAN-SPAM law's fines should be levied against them for every e-mail they send out to that "under-utilized" list.

The "Panoptic(TM) email marketing campaign" part of the article is likely this hideous-looking, scummy-looking site:

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Always look on the bright side of Spam.

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Spam can be holy.. who knew....

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

I can't concentrate on the article, because apparently god didn't grant one of his pastors the grace to know how to use an apostrophe.

Truly, it is the devil's punctuation.

But hey, really, if Left Behind got all those users to agree to receive newsletters and deal offers in their email, it's fair game to use that list.  I don't think there's a statute of limitations on those "YES I would like to know more about your fine sofa" checkboxes, is there?

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

What got me distracted is the good Reverend's name: Bob Neal. As in: Neal, Bob. As in: Neal and Bob.

Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am
james_fudgeme either.09/16/2014 - 8:54am
E. Zachary KnightI understand what Wikileaks twitter was getting at, but I have no clue what that article was getting at.09/16/2014 - 8:45am
Michael Chandra"You know how game journalists are a corrupt bunch that do shady dealings? Well so are the politicians at the NATO!" #clickbait09/16/2014 - 8:22am
james_fudgeit's simply a case of an org trying to latch onto a hashtag without knowing what it is about.09/16/2014 - 8:07am
E. Zachary KnightOk. I admit it. I have absolutely no clue what that article was trying to say. Can you explain it to me?09/16/2014 - 8:04am
Michael ChandraWhy am I not surprised seeing that coming from a man who allegedly didn't respect women's wishes regarding condom use?09/16/2014 - 8:01am