No Inbox Left Behind

October 14, 2010 -

Okay, we readily admit to being virtually hypnotized by Christian game publisher Left Behind Games, even more so in light of the odd press releases the company has issued in the past couple of weeks, but their latest may take the cake.

Today, Left Behind detailed an upcoming email campaign that it says will eventually hit 7.77 million inboxes. The company added a “top-tier” email delivery service that will push output to 45,000 emails per hour. The campaign will leverage an “under-utilized” list of over 500,000 “Christian consumers accumulated since the release of the Left Behind Trivia Game, 7 years ago.”

Left Behind reports that similar campaigns waged in August and September saw 85% of opened emails resulting in “confirmation of interest in coupons and offers.”

The new email campaign, dubbed the “Panoptic(TM) email marketing campaign,” will run from November 1 through the start of 2011. Early results of the email blitz will be discussed in a November 16th webinar.

Left Behind says that its email campaigns are “compliant with the governing CAN-SPAM Act."

Comments

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Gotta love marketing departments that don't have a clue.  This is a spam campaign, plain and simple.  The CAN-SPAM law might allow for it, but this is hypocritical behavior for a so-called "Christian" company.  The CAN-SPAM law's fines should be levied against them for every e-mail they send out to that "under-utilized" list.

The "Panoptic(TM) email marketing campaign" part of the article is likely this hideous-looking, scummy-looking site:

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Always look on the bright side of Spam.

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

Spam can be holy.. who knew....

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

I can't concentrate on the article, because apparently god didn't grant one of his pastors the grace to know how to use an apostrophe.

Truly, it is the devil's punctuation.

But hey, really, if Left Behind got all those users to agree to receive newsletters and deal offers in their email, it's fair game to use that list.  I don't think there's a statute of limitations on those "YES I would like to know more about your fine sofa" checkboxes, is there?

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: No Inbox Left Behind

What got me distracted is the good Reverend's name: Bob Neal. As in: Neal, Bob. As in: Neal and Bob.

prh99Too much time listening to Faux News and Bill Mahr.01/26/2015 - 5:12pm
james_fudgeit's bad pr for the bus company01/26/2015 - 5:10pm
Andrew EisenI'm sure the ones who purchased the ads are a bit peeved but I find my sympathies lacking. I have to wonder why the bus line would buy such ads in the first place. Hard to imagine it doesn't have policies against that stuff.01/26/2015 - 5:07pm
Wonderkarpthats cute. I Like Ms Marvel(hate her powerset). Whomever is doing this? Good Job01/26/2015 - 4:49pm
E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm