Left Behind Covets, Acquires Fellow Christian Game Developer

October 26, 2010 -

Christian game developer Left Behind Games announced that it has acquired the the assets of fellow Christian game maker Cloud 9 Games.

While terms of the deal were not disclosed, Left Behind stated that Cloud 9 President Curtis Ratica had signed a contrct and would remain involved for at least the next three years. The two companies worked together previously on the development of the Praise Champion and King Solomon's Trivia Challenge games.

Texas-based Cloud 9 has developed games like the Rock Band-inspired Christian music game JAMband and the karaoke-themed Heavenly Harmony Gold. Its products are distributed by EMI.

Cloud 9 was labeled as the “second most successful Christian video games publisher,” behind only (presumably) Left Behind Games.

Ratica stated, “I believe this is just the beginning of a new chapter in the future of Christian video games.”

Left Behind added that it hoped to leverage Ratica’s Xbox and other console development experience.

Comments

Re: Left Behind Covets, Acquires Fellow Christian Game ...

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am