Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

October 29, 2010 -

Keiji Inafune, the character designer of the popular Mega Man series, has left Capcom. In a blog post on his personal site - translated by Kotaku - Inafune said "sayonara" to fans, revealing that he was "leaving Capcom with the intention of starting my life over."

"A manager's work means evaluating your subordinates and speaking your dreams. Anyone who can do both of those can be a manager. I thought that when I came here, and I still think that now," Inafune said on his blog.

"People that really know me, can see where I'm coming from. I'm not a regular dude. It's probably because I'm strange," he continued.

Inafune has been in the news a lot because of his harsh criticism of the Japanese game development community. He has said in the past that the industry in Japan is "dying" and that the games they make are "awful." Inafune most recently worked on Dead Rising 2.

We are not sure what he means when he says that he is "starting his life over," but we assume Inafune will still be developing games.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Afraid I'm not optimistic.

After all these years we finally get an MML3, and Inafune leaves complaining that people are meddling with his vision.  (In fairness, he could have been talking about that awful-looking Korean MMMMORPG.)  What a shame.

(EDIT: Whoops, was meant to be a reply to Dejiko.  I wish

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Looking at how bad Mega man has been milked and abused... its no wonder he left.

---

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Hopefully he can be happy with whatever he decides to do.

I'm a little worried about MML3 though. I hope it'll still turn out good without his oversight.

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

I'm more confused by the fact that Mega Man Legends 3 is FINALLY announced, a project that according to him he's wanted to do for AGES and put all kinds of effort into convincing Capcom's higher-ups to let him do it, and barely even a month later he's leaving.
---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

---

Re: Keiji Inafune Exits Capcom

Judging by what he has said in the past about Japan's game development this does not come as a surpised for me. The question is will he work for an american game company now?

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm