Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

November 2, 2010 -

Work it, Senator! California State Senator Leland Yee says some stuff on the steps of the Supreme Court. I do not know what he is saying exactly but I imagine it's something along the lines of "video games train our children to commit acts of violence and cannibalism!" Anyway, politicians and press conferences go together like ants and picnics.. or war and famine. Caption the pictures in the comments for fun (thanks to the ECA's Hal Halpin for passing these along):

[GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

Posted in

Comments

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Is it just me, or does Leland Yee bear a striking resemblance to the bad guy in the recent Karate Kid remake?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Meh lack of a good edu system makes people more violent and cannibalistic.......

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Photo 17: "urgh, I specifically asked for a lavender microphone.  This is downright MAUVE."

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Did somebody say caption contest?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

"You want to make sure video games are appropriate for your children?  Well, of course you do!  You're an awesome parent, after all!  Unfortunately, the only possible way to evaluate the content of these games is to play them yourselves for at least 800 hours.  Oh, and you better be an expert game player too because these suckers are hard!

What?  What's that you say?  You suck at games and don't have that much spare time?  Well friends, that's why I've written a law that does the work for you!  That's right, you won't have to worry about your kids playing something I object to, I mean, something you find objectionable because they won't even be able to buy them!  In fact, you can just stop paying attention to what your kids are playing, safe in the knowledge that the gov't knows what's best for your kids."

or

"Violent games harm your children.  It's true.  There are studies, thousands of them that conclusively prove it!  So, I've written a law that prevents children from buying these games because as we all know, if kids can't buy a game, they sure as hell can't play it!

Now, don't get me wrong, if you're okay with your kids playing these harmful games, you can buy them yourselves.  No siree bob, I have no problem with parents exercising their rights to facilitate their children with something that's proven to be detrimental to their psychological well being."

Andrew Eisen