Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

November 2, 2010 -

Work it, Senator! California State Senator Leland Yee says some stuff on the steps of the Supreme Court. I do not know what he is saying exactly but I imagine it's something along the lines of "video games train our children to commit acts of violence and cannibalism!" Anyway, politicians and press conferences go together like ants and picnics.. or war and famine. Caption the pictures in the comments for fun (thanks to the ECA's Hal Halpin for passing these along):

[GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

Posted in

Comments

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Is it just me, or does Leland Yee bear a striking resemblance to the bad guy in the recent Karate Kid remake?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Meh lack of a good edu system makes people more violent and cannibalistic.......

---

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Photo 17: "urgh, I specifically asked for a lavender microphone.  This is downright MAUVE."

---
Fangamer

---
Fangamer

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

Did somebody say caption contest?

Re: Leeland Yee SCOTUS Photo Shoot

"You want to make sure video games are appropriate for your children?  Well, of course you do!  You're an awesome parent, after all!  Unfortunately, the only possible way to evaluate the content of these games is to play them yourselves for at least 800 hours.  Oh, and you better be an expert game player too because these suckers are hard!

What?  What's that you say?  You suck at games and don't have that much spare time?  Well friends, that's why I've written a law that does the work for you!  That's right, you won't have to worry about your kids playing something I object to, I mean, something you find objectionable because they won't even be able to buy them!  In fact, you can just stop paying attention to what your kids are playing, safe in the knowledge that the gov't knows what's best for your kids."

or

"Violent games harm your children.  It's true.  There are studies, thousands of them that conclusively prove it!  So, I've written a law that prevents children from buying these games because as we all know, if kids can't buy a game, they sure as hell can't play it!

Now, don't get me wrong, if you're okay with your kids playing these harmful games, you can buy them yourselves.  No siree bob, I have no problem with parents exercising their rights to facilitate their children with something that's proven to be detrimental to their psychological well being."

Andrew Eisen

E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm