Survey: 18.24 Million Hardware Units by Year's End

November 9, 2010 -

According to a survey conducted by the Consumer Electronics Association, 18.24 million units of game hardware will have shipped to U.S. retailers by the end of the fourth quarter of 2010. The September survey asked over 1,000 adults in the United States about their plans for spending during the holiday shopping season. Respondents said that they planned to spend an average of $232 on video game hardware - up five percent from last year's estimate.

Video game systems were the ninth most popular item on adults' holiday wish lists, and the fifth most wanted items by adults. Apple's iPad ranked third on overall wish lists and second among electronics item.

Source: Gamasutra

Comments

Re: Survey: 18.24 Million Hardware Units by Year's End

What does the iPad have to do with gaming?

Re: Survey: 18.24 Million Hardware Units by Year's End

You can play games on it.

Andrew Eisen

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm