Privates, The Curfew Win BIMA Awards

November 29, 2010 -

Two games funded by London-based Channel 4 have been honored with British Interactive Media Association Awards. Zombie Cow's sex education game, Privates won in the games category, and Littlecloud's political awareness title The Curfew won in the Educational & Outreach and Motion Graphics category. Littlecloud had six nominations in various categories, and Zombie Cow garnered three.

"It was nice just to be nominated for three BIMA awards (Games, Originality and Effectiveness)," Zombie Cow's Dan Marshall on the company web site. "but to walk away with the one we honestly thought we had no chance of winning was a shock second only to the completely-true story of being charged five pounds for a can of 'Red Stripe Lager' at the bar. Honestly! Five pounds!"

The full list of British Interactive Media Association Award winners is available here. Privates was denied certification for release on Xbox Live earlier this year due to its strong sexual content. The game is available for free on the PC.

Comments

Re: Privates, The Curfew Win BIMA Awards

Its a fun yet freaky game.

Congrats mates!

---

PHX Corp@Jessy I actually saw it on gamespot, seems that Nintendo accidently turned Samus into a Badass11/23/2014 - 9:28pm
Jessy HartAnybody else see the Samus Amiibo with 2 arm canons?11/23/2014 - 9:10pm
Andrew EisenNeo - If you're not bleeding then it's probably not you who needs to go to the doctor.11/23/2014 - 5:45pm
Wonderkarpgood. that kind of behavior is unnecessary.11/23/2014 - 5:44pm
WonderkarpGeorgina Young - Are Video Games Sexist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9LV4GuG9E11/23/2014 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleehttp://deadspin.com/starcraft-player-says-hell-rape-opponent-is-booted-f-1662346891/+Fahey11/23/2014 - 5:40pm
Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm