Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

November 29, 2010 -

According to a new Zogby poll, 63 percent of adults in the United States would rather do all of their holiday shopping online than going to a local mall. Nearly 64 percent said that they plan to make the bulk of its holiday purchases online this year.

While the data is interesting, it's not all that different from a similar poll conducted last year by Zogby. In 2009 61 percent preferred exclusively shopping on the Internet, 23 percent said they would rather shop at the mall, and 69 percent said they planned to purchase holiday gifts online.

On the other hand, even though 86 percent say they have made online holiday gift purchases in the past, 31 percent prefer to do all their shopping at the mall this year, and 22 percent do not plan to buy any gifts online at all

We will see if this poll data pans out for online retailers after the holiday shopping season is over.

More details on methodology can be found here.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

Well, if you buy online, you don't have to worry about being trampled to death by other shoppers. But I doubt this poll is true.

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

if the poll was an online one that may have effected the results a little.

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

That and Zogby's not the most reliable polling source.

That said, while I'm willing to guess their numbers are off a few points, I find it very easy to believe most people would rather shop online than fight traffic and crowds.  Lord knows I would.

Re: Zogby: Consumers Prefer Buying Online

From persoanl experience I'd say you're right.

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

Big PermYou might be right, Zippy08/28/2015 - 9:21am
ZippyDSMleeBig Perm: Naw best ever goes to kill la kill!08/28/2015 - 9:14am
Big PermHer costume is amazing. It may be the best costume ever08/28/2015 - 8:30am
E. Zachary KnightLike I said, she looks like a fun character to play, but her costume is really obnoxious.08/28/2015 - 8:29am
MattsworknameMika was always about being a show off and using her but to crush her foes, even back in the alpha days. They just took that and maxed it to the extreme, and I LOVE IT!!!!!08/28/2015 - 5:36am
IvresseJust saw R Mika trailer myself. I do like the inclusion of Vega as the punching bag, especially with that Stone Cold Stunner knocking his mask off....but that ultra move with his face between 4 buttcheeks...class! :-)08/28/2015 - 5:20am
MattsworknameOk, finally got a chance to look at the R mika trailer for SF 5, and I Heart her so bloody much. She just looks like pure fun to play as and is SO colorful. All the YES!08/28/2015 - 3:23am
PHX Corphttp://www.gamnesia.com/news/sony-is-disabling-users-from-archiving-their-ps4-livestreams-of-until-dawn Sony is Disabling Users from Archiving Their PS4 Livestreams of Until Dawn08/27/2015 - 8:47pm
MattsworknameAndrew: SOrry I didnt get back, i went to bed before I saw your post. The Producer is listed as Arbitor36508/27/2015 - 6:06pm
Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm
Andrew EisenPerm - Well yeah, Kojima himself said something along the lines of "Cosplay this, I dare you! No, seriously. Please cosplay this!" I was just wondering if there was an in-universe explanation.08/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenCheck out last week's story on The State of Play book for an updated cover and a list of all the authors and their essay titles! http://gamepolitics.com/2015/08/21/state-play-looks-current-state-video-games08/27/2015 - 12:44pm
Big PermI figured it was because titties are awesome08/27/2015 - 12:37pm
Andrew EisenI'm still waiting to see if any reviews spill the beans on the story reasons behind Quiet's goofy getup in Metal Gear Solid 508/27/2015 - 12:33pm
ZippyDSMleeHave you seen what the Deva wrestlers wear? Now lets get all that Japan only DLC for DOA over here, and DOA Volly ball,ect let the whining commence!08/27/2015 - 12:18pm